Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a primal onion ring recipe!

Anyone? They are my weakness.

You know, I've always wanted to try them with crumbled pork rinds. I can't seem to find a recipe on it, but I saw something similiar done with cheese...Why not onions? I'd try softening the onions a little in a skillet, cover them with some egg and oil to make them a little sticky, and then coat with the rinds and bake 'em 'til crispy...Could work, why not?

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

OMG! me too! Someone walked by me with some the other day. I went home and made onion soup it wasn't quite the same thing.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

with things like that I think I'd rather just indulge infrequently... but have the real thing.

Like, I don't think any substitute pizza crust is going to do it for me (though I'm perfectly fine just eating the cheese/toppings)...no cauliflower almond flour egg concoction will ever be the same as a greasy floppy thin piece of crust.

And pork rinds don't seem like they would ever take the place of puffy onion ring batter...

but I guess I'm not as primal as some of y'all...

It's ok though because I don't have junk food too often. I can't remember my last onion ring. But dang they're good.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I would tend to agree with you FNW. My tendency would be to be avoid the fry oil more than the batter.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Mm fry it up in tallow or something.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Working...
            X