Classic French dish - 100% Paleo!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleo Spirit View Post
    Interesting that what is known as the "French Paradox" is not really a paradox at all. They eat what is essentially Paleo/Primal much of the time - meat, veggies and oily sauces. Yes, I know they eat bread too but not like we do in the standard American diet.
    I think the REAL "French paradox" is that the French, pretty much considered among the rudest people on the planet, live in the most popular tourist destination in the world!

Now THAT'S a paradox!

Comment

Just gotten it into the crockpot. Looks great. Used ghee instead of olive oil
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Oh, wow, I LOVE ghee and I actually think it would work great in this recipe. It's French after all and the French love their butter. I will be curious to hear what you think of the dish. Next time I'm making it with ghee too. Great idea.
        www.paleospirit.com
        Like me on Facebook at https://www.Facebook.com/PaleoSpirit

Comment

Very good, but they should have given Ina Gaarten credit for the recipe...

Comment

Well, not impressed I'm afraid. Had it in the crockpot for 5 hours on low only and the meat had dried out. Thought the flavour was a bit thin too. Might try it again but cook on the stove only long enough to cook the chicken, about 30 min. Maybe more seasoning. I did go light on the salt and thyme
            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I make Jenny Bakers recipe from her SimpleFrench Cuisine. It's delicious and substituting butter makes it even better. I haven't made it for a while though as it's overwhelming if made too often.
              Wisdom begins in the recognition of how little we know.

(teaching of Socrates)

Comment

This is really close to my favorite roast chicken recipe, also 100% primal: TUSCAN ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE I actually have it in the oven right now. I only use bay leaves, tucked up under the skin and stuffed into the cavity, generously coat the chicken in butter then salt and pepper. I'm serving it with zucchini tossed with olive oil and asiago cheese and roasted.
                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                  Ina's recipe uses butter, cream and flour - this one does not.
                  www.paleospirit.com
                  Like me on Facebook at https://www.Facebook.com/PaleoSpirit

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                    Can't see why - this and many other garlic heavy chicken recipes have been around for years. I've seen similar recipes that date back to at least the 1950's.

Comment

A Boke of Kokery goes back to the 15th Century: The Stewpot Period Culinary Guild Recipes - Gilded Chicken and Garlic - pretty much the same recipe, but with eggs. 101% paleo?
                      Paul
                      http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                      http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

You definitely don't want to hang out with me for at least 48 hours after I eat that, LOL!

Comment

I can't wait to try this - thanks!

Comment

OMG! I remember the first time I had this- I smelled it when I got out of the car, before even opening the front door of a friends house. We all loved it and ate hearty... Then! - co workers and family were NOT amused the next day ,several in fact ,when we all smelled of garlic!
                            It came from our pores,lungs,sweat... I have been afraid to eat it ever since. We all still laugh about it several years later.

Old French men are known for their horrendous garlic breath btw...just saying... People in the dating world...;-)

Comment

Can't wait to try this. Thanks!
                              be the hair that knots with my hair
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                              primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X