No announcement yet.

Christmas Cookies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those sound really good DCKMB... let us know how it goes please!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

DCKMB - how did the walnut bark turn out? Was it bitter? How much sugar do you think it has in it (or carbs?)

Comment

Update on a Primal version of Mexican Wedding Cake recipe experiment.

The other day I was making some regular ones for the family for Christmas and decided to follow the same recipe but to substitute with almond flour. The consistency of the dough was the same as with a traditional cookie dough, but it completely melted in the oven. When they cooled off, I couldn't even get them off the cookie sheet. They were just crumbling to pieces. They tasted really, really good, but are not exactly feasible for a presentation.

Comment

so sad CC!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

bummer cc!

Gigi- the walnut bark was not bitter. It just tasted like 86% chocolate with walnuts in it. Those were the only ingredients. I assume the carb/sugar level would be similar to a bar of 86% green & blacks which has 14g per serving (I think).

Doing that gingerbread this weekend and will report back on it.

Comment

Sounds yummy dckmb!!! Definitely update us on the gingerbread!

I'm going to be testing coconut flour and almond flour shortbread, with butter and with coconut oil! I will throw it on the blog tonight hopefully!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
              -John Lennon

Comment

DCKMB i hope it turns out well! I reeeeeeeeally want some gingerbread but have been waiting for you to be the guinea pig for that recipe for me. hehe.

Comment

lol!

Comment

okay sorry it took me so long to make the gingerbread. DD kept saying she wanted to make cookies with me and so I kept waiting for her but our schedules are too opposite.

They turned out "okay." Definitely does not have the right texture. I can taste the splenda aftertaste which I don't like. The frosting is awesome though. Without the frosting I think the cookies would taste like sawdust. If you make the recipe I posted, add 2 eggs to it because it wasn't even a dough when I put it all together. Anyhoo, that's my report.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know! I think I will avoid making the sawdust-cookies. Blah!

Comment

Christmas Log:

http://www.livable-lowcarb.com/Log.aspx

Cookies:

http://www.livable-lowcarb.com/Cookies.aspx

Comment

I was making some chocolate covered macadamia nuts the other day and had a bunch of leftover broken nuts. I was using 100% chocolate sweetened with stevia extract and mixed with coconut oil. So I dumped the rest of the broken nuts in the bowl and also added quite a bit of chopped walnuts. I then spread it on a pen, let it cool and broke into little clusters. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

Comment

Choco, what stevia extract do you use? Do you recommend any specific brand? I tried the dried stevia leaves at the co-op and it had the wierdest after-taste.

Comment

maba, I use Stevita brand. It's very concentrated and doesn't really have a bitter aftertaste. So far I've put it in my coffee, yogur, baking goods and those chocolate clusters, and I couldn't taste anything other than sweeteness.

Comment

Thanks! Will look for it. I was trying to avoid using Stevia because I have such a sweet tooth and thought using it wd make me go back to my sugar-binge days. But next week's DH birthday and I might bake something primal using Stevia.

Comment

Working...
                                X