No announcement yet.

Cabbage Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shred and add to broths or to make a heartier soups with the addition of meat and spices.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgrrl View Post
      So far I only put some in stir-fries. Need ideas!

I found this excellent recipe today - can't wait to try it.

Cabbage Casserole with Ham - Kallada med Skinka
      This is a great recipe from the Gujarati region of India:

Ingredients
      Shredded cabbage and carrots
      Mustard seeds
      coconut oil
      vinegar
      hot green pepper, deseeded and chopped finely
      sugar

In hot coconut oil, add some mustard seeds and fry until they start "popping".

Add the green peppers, and cook until soft...DONT let them burn!

Add the cabbage and carrots. You want to sautee until it is soft but before it starts releasing liquid into the pan. 5 minutes maximum!

Turn off the heat

Add vinegar, salt and sugar to taste. I know sugar is not primal, but I add very small amounts which is usually enough to balance the sour flavors nicely. I have never experimented with other sweeteners, so if you decide to do this...proceed at own risk.

Comment

I just strain sterilised red cabbage, lay it on the sheet pan, chicken portions on top of the cabbage, some salt and cumin. Bake in oven till the chicken is well done. This is one of the best food on the planet .

Comment

Find a recipe for Bigos, my word it is goooood!
          Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

Working...
          X