Leptin Inspired Breakfast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leptin Inspired Breakfast

So starting the whole leptin plan after several months on overnight/all-morning IF quickly opened my eyes to just what 50 grams of protein really looks like. The first couple days I tried doing just eggs and - whew - that's a lot of eggs. One morning I just did a 6 oz steak. Then eggs + a 3 oz steak.

But as budget-friendly as eggs are, steak not so much.

So last night I thawed out some pork BBQ that I made last month. It's just pork roast (shoulder) slow roasted in apple cider vinegar and flake red pepper, pulled and chopped and doused in more vinegar and pepper flakes. Scramble some eggs in butter, tossing the BBQ in halfway to done.

Seriously delicious 50 grams.

Meat in the crock pot is my tool.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

My family won't eat offal so I take the opportunity at breakfast. Cheap and full of protein, vitamins and minerals
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
        My family won't eat offal so I take the opportunity at breakfast. Cheap and full of protein, vitamins and minerals
        Yep, my chicken liver pate has become one of my favorite breakfasts. And no cooking needed which is nice when the weather is hot.

Comment

i eat ground beef and eggs most mornings. fast and easy.

Comment

Normally, I eat at 9:30 a.m. but I thought, after all the leptin posts, that I'd give the early breakfast a try. I have to say, I didn't enjoy my eggs and sausage anywhere near as much at 7:30 this morning as I did at 9:30 yesterday.

I guess I have to get back in the groove of eating early.
            Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
            Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
            CW: 146.8 lbs
            GW 140 lbs
            A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

That does sound good!
              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                I guess I have to get back in the groove of eating early.
                Took me a couple days.

Comment

I think the trick is making sure you follow the rules at both ends of the day. If I don't eat anything after 7pm, I'm ravenous when I wake up.
                  My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                    I think the trick is making sure you follow the rules at both ends of the day. If I don't eat anything after 7pm, I'm ravenous when I wake up.
                    Yeah, I'd been doing that. I was just acclimated to my IF regimen. But it wasn't a hard adjustment after those first 2 days.

Comment

I seem to eat less or not at all for lunch, so the cost difference will probably balance out having steak & eggs for breakfast. I had a half a rack of ribs first the other day, but that was a bit more expensive. But it was damn good
                      -James
                      Just a n00b

Comment

I just finished off two cold chorizo sausages for breakfast. It was easier to eat them at 7:00 this morning than it was yesterday My dog is mad at me though. I didn't give her any.
                        Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                        Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                        CW: 146.8 lbs
                        GW 140 lbs
                        A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                          +1
                          This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                          Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

This sounds so much like the Radiant Recovery rules for overcoming sugar addiction. I wonder if they accidentally stumbled across the same (similar) treatment, but for different reasons (hers are endorphins & other neurochemicals). That said, I'm used to her rules (Desmaison's), which are 25-30gm for breakfast within an hour of rising, and other than that difference, I did exactly the Kruse plan for 6-8 weeks some time in the last year, which no long-term effect on my sugar cravings.

My question for those really familiar with the leptin recommendations - do you think that breakfast difference would make or break the success of the experiment? I'm willing to go another 6-8 weeks to see if leptin resistance is playing a role for me, but I need to have a solid sense of my chances of success to go it again! (I'm used to doing everything but the breakfast already; I really enjoy IF'ing or my 3 eggs in coconut oil, but I don't really enjoy stuffing myself.)
                            5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                            Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                            Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                            Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                            ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                              I just finished off two cold chorizo sausages for breakfast. It was easier to eat them at 7:00 this morning than it was yesterday My dog is mad at me though. I didn't give her any.
                              Yeah, I'm doing brats and homemade marinara this morning. My puppy gave up begging with a reproachful look and a heavy sigh a few minutes ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X