Tripe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tripe

Does anyone have any good recepies for tripe? I have never attempted to cook it. I once had it in chinese soup and it was different..

Google for tripe recipes; Mario Battali has an Italian version. My grandmother made braised trip, but I didn't much care for it.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Roman style tripe is delicious - tomato based with cheese. Chinese style is good too. English style with white sauce is abominable
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Menudo, of course. You can make it with or without the hominy. And you could of course use any vegies you like. Soups are good like that.

Menudo (soup) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Simmer the tripe in salted water until really soft, serve with slow-cooked pig cheeks and select greens all in a thick, gelatinous (from bone marrow) onion gravy. Heaven!
          Paul
          http://www.pjgh.co.uk
          http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

google 'pepper pot soup'
            Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Does everyone a good .............

Comment

FYI:

Serving Size: 1 oz
                Calories 24
                Calories from Fat 9.0
                Total Fat 1g
                Saturated Fat 0.4g
                Cholesterol 35mg
                Sodium 27mg
                Total Carbohydrate 0g
                Dietary Fiber 0g
                Sugars 0g
                Protein 3.4g
                This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

This is one reason I love eating Vietnamese and Thai food. Triiiiipe.

Goditsgood.
                  Steph
                  My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Yeah I pretty much get at least one bigass bowl of Pho a week from the vietnamese place next to my office because those guys put so much tripe in it that it's basically the most dominant meat in the dish.

I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                      Yeah I pretty much get at least one bigass bowl of Pho a week from the vietnamese place next to my office because those guys put so much tripe in it that it's basically the most dominant meat in the dish.
                      I want to go to there.
                      Steph
                      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                      X