Earl Grey protein smoothie!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earl Grey protein smoothie!

I drink a large mug or two of Earl Grey every morning. This morning I was on my second mug and had a goofy idea. I poured the hot tea, which had a teaspoon of coconut oil, a bit of honey and about a quarter cup of heavy cream in it, in the blender. I added a scoop of unsweetened chocolate whey protein powder and a tablespoon of full-fat coconut milk, liquified it, and voila! Frothy tea smoothie and I killed two birds with one blender!
    Positively Radical — Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

Funny, I just did this other day too! Except, I was leery of chocolate protein powder with early grey (glad to know it works!) so I used chai tea instead (I chilled it and added some almond milk and hwf). It was delicious! This kind of beverage has become my new go to. Liquid protein and fat without bazillions of carbs like most smoothies. Yay for us!

Comment

I'll have to try this with my unflavoured protein powder. It sounds delish.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

You may have found a way for me to break my Starbucks Earl Grey Latte addiction. Bless you.

I'll try it as Owly suggests too, as all I have is unflavored protein powder now. With a couple drops of vanilla perhaps. Can't wait to try. Thanks!
        Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
          You may have found a way for me to break my Starbucks Earl Grey Latte addiction. Bless you.

I'll try it as Owly suggests too, as all I have is unflavored protein powder now. With a couple drops of vanilla perhaps. Can't wait to try. Thanks!

I think unflavored would work fine! I only used half a scoop of my chocolate, and I was really just using it to make the drink creamy and sweet, not really impart flavor. I bet the unflavored will work great!

Comment

I may just try something similar tomorrow morning!

Comment

I used chocolate because I bought 5 pounds of it! It does obliterate the Earl Grey flavor but it tastes fine. Next time I'll buy one pound of vanilla too!

Comment

D:

Brilliant
                I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Oh my god, this sounds incredible! I am definitely trying it.

Back in the non-Primal days I used to steep loose earl grey leaves in a cup for a couple of days to make a "concentrate" and then add that to vanilla ice cream in a blender. Good with chai and green tea too.

Comment

Earl Grey smoothie?

Blasphemy! (says the British-raised tea snob, lol!)
                    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                      Earl Grey smoothie?

Blasphemy! (says the British-raised tea snob, lol!)
                      Yup, I know, I know! Traditionally you don't put cream in Earl Grey either, but I always have. American heathen! At least I buy Twinings!

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Death View Post
                        Back in the non-Primal days I used to steep loose earl grey leaves in a cup for a couple of days to make a "concentrate" and then add that to vanilla ice cream in a blender. Good with chai and green tea too.
                        Ooookay! Think we can primalize this?

Aarti Party's Earl Grey Kulfis

Comment

Originally posted by HillsideGina View Post

Mmmm....stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com has a primal version of sweetened condensed milk!

Edit: I was thinking about doing something like this with goats milk, and I was thinking how good blueberry goat cheese is...so I'm thinking blueberry goats milk kulfi pops! lol. Crazy.
                          Last edited by jqbancroft; 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HillsideGina View Post

In retrospect, I suppose it wasn't so weird if you think of it as tea with a loooooooottttt of cream and sugar. XD I never thought of earl grey + chocolate, though. PURE. GENIUS.

KULFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 I will give a million dollars* to whoever invents primal-ized kulfi.

*imaginary currency

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Death View Post
                              In retrospect, I suppose it wasn't so weird if you think of it as tea with a loooooooottttt of cream and sugar. XD I never thought of earl grey + chocolate, though. PURE. GENIUS.

KULFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 I will give a million dollars* to whoever invents primal-ized kulfi.

*imaginary currency

The only non-primal ingredient in the kulfi was the sweetened condensed milk, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X