No announcement yet.

Primal Sweet Potato Recipes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once cooked I'll whip them w/ eggs, butter and spices and bake for 30-40 minutes in a covered baking dish. Not sure what you'd call it, add cheese it'd be a gratinee.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Cut, boil, drain, mash, coconut milk and cinnamon, stir stir stir, enjoy.
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I make tortillas out of sweet potatoes; it's easy, fast and really practical. You'll need: one large sweet potato, two eggs, small onion, 4 tbsp evoo, 6 whole black peppercorns (crushed with chef's knife), two dashes salt, 1/4 tsp whole fennel (alts: whole caraway or rosemary). Optional: add smoked bacon or sausage.

1. Dice sweet potato, and saute on medium fire in crepe pan or saute pan with 2 tbsp evoo. Add fennel on top, don't stir. As it starts to cook, mince onion and add on top. Cover the pan, reduce fire to low. Cook time depends on how small you dice, smaller is faster. If you use meat, mince it and start cooking on medium fire while you mince the sweet potato. I use rosemary and TJ's smoked bacon.
        2. When it's cooking, crack 2 eggs in a small bowl, crush the pepper and add it and the salt to the eggs. Beat well.
        3. Remove cover from saute pan, stir the potato and onion and check doneness. It should just yield to a fork, and you'll note the changed color. If needed, recover and cook until it's done. To reduce cook time, I try to get it the first time.
        4. Add potato to egg mixture, reheat pan on medium fire, and stir. When you smell the pan (it'll start smoking a bit)*, add 2 tbsp evoo and the egg mixture right after and reduce the fire to low.
        5. The egg mixture will brown in about 5 minutes, check with spatula. When it's light brown, turn on the broiler. When it's fired up, finish the tortilla under the broiler (4 minutes).
        Voilą! You now have a delicious, portable meal that's great for heavy workout days, or lunches. It doesn't need refrigeration, either, so this is often on my menu. Enjoy!
        * General note: there's a chinese saying I learned wokking that's applicable everywhere: "hot pan, cool oil." If you follow this practice, you'll never have sticky pan issues.
        Last edited by csrollyson; 10-26-2014, 04:06 PM. Reason: More deliciousness!

Comment

My favored method of cooking sweet potatoes is to cut them in half, put them down on a baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Then bake at 375 for 45 minutes or so. Test with a fork to see if they're done. Then you can scoop them out and do anything you like with them. Delicious.
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

I too have done PrimalJenn's recipe...delicious and easy.

Comment

This is pretty good: Sweet Potato Pasta with Hearty Meat Sauce (No Pasta Needed!) | Mark's Daily Apple

M.

Comment

I've been using the cookbooks http://www.paleodietbible.com. There's some good dessert recipes and a good amount of sweet potato recipes.

Comment

There's a falafel recipe on the Mecca of Middle Eastern foods thread I posted many moons ago. Who doesn't like falafel?!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Hi,
                    I have a recipe with Sweet Potato and Bolognese sauce Sweet Potato Bolognese | Gusto Paleo
                    http://gustopaleo.com

Comment

Working...
                    X