How can I use lard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I use lard?

I just cooked up some bone broth and have tones of lovely white lard as a result!

Other than the obvious frying with it, what other ideas do you guys have for eating it, or adding into dishes...

Id love to 'cook' it into some dishes... I guess much like butter... but I'm a little stuck for ideas as to what would taste good.

What are your fave dishes containing lard?
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

I use lard to fry everything. But I don't use it for anything else (in flour eating days I used it to make stunning light, crisp pastry!!)

Comment

I save my bacon grease to season my iron skillet, keep it as stick free as i can.

Comment

Using it for cooking is the best way to go - it will keep forever in the fridge so no need to worry about it going bad. You can also melt it and use it as the fat component if you do any baking, primal or otherwise. But those are about the only uses of lard, I think.

Comment

Cooking, seasoning cast iron cookware, helping keep your field knife rust free, with paper--making emergency windows for your mountain cabin

Not good for certain social activities though, use something else if time and select action don't work for you.
          Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Working...
          X