Fancy Shmancy Potato Crust Pizza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy Shmancy Potato Crust Pizza

I have neither invented this nor even tried it, but damn...it looks delicious. Someone make it and tell me if it's worth buying the spiral-er for.

How to Make Pizza Without Dough | LXRCUISINE

It's accidentally primal!
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

I wouldn't think you'd even need a spiral slicer. A pile of large hole grated tater should do the same thing.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

That is very true...and I do still have a potato ricer, but I think you're supposed to cook the potatoes first. I made mashed potatoes with it on accident the one time I used it.

2012 Goals:
      Play more!

Comment

oh wow that looks fabulous! now i really want a spiralizer so i can make angel-haired veggies.
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by apple View Post
          ...and tell me if it's worth buying the spiral-er for....
          uh, I have lots, and I'm telling you LOTS of kitchen gadgets. But I would not spend $38 on this.

I like the concept. I'm thinking of trying to make pizza crust with a potato latke mix. Is that primal?

Comment

Originally posted by cindysue View Post
            uh, I have lots, and I'm telling you LOTS of kitchen gadgets. But I would not spend $38 on this.

I like the concept. I'm thinking of trying to make pizza crust with a potato latke mix. Is that primal?

Hmmm....that could be really good! What recipe do you use for latkes? Or are you talking about like a box mix? Box mix likely has poor ingredients, but hey, you could get lucky...

2012 Goals:
            Play more!

Comment

I love Reser's shredded hash browns (found in a bag near the bacon at the grocery store) ... and now I just might have a primal excuse to eat them!
              Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
              Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
              CW: 146.8 lbs
              GW 140 lbs
              A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

I may experiment with this on the large scale this weekend with jicama or grated tater.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Aren't you diabetic Apple? Potatoes are a component of prolonged suicide for us.
                  Brad

late onset type1 diabetic 4-27-10 @ age 30

Comment

Couldn't you just use spaghetti squash?

Comment

Working...
                    X