Excess Egg Yolks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess Egg Yolks?

I'm planning on making some oopsie rolls this weekend and I was looking for recipes/ideas on what to do with the excess egg yolks. I know it's only three egg yolks but the idea of just chucking them seems so wasteful! So do you all have any ideas?

Whenever I have excess egg yolks I just fry them up in some bacon grease and eat 'em up! Or I'll just toss them in my next omelette.

They are also good for homemade caesar dressing.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Mayonnaise (with olive oil) or, even better, Baconaise with rendered fat. Really easy to do with a blender or food processor. Really rewarding to do at home with just a fork and a plate if you've got the time.

Comment

Just fry them and eat them!

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
        ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

if you really decide not to eat them, give the shells and the yolks to your dog(s) if you have any.

Comment

Sadly, alas, only cats. One day I&#39;ll have a dog but Mr. Kam doesn&#39;t like &#39;em.

I&#39;ve been saving the excess bacon fat for baconaise, though. I didn&#39;t realize that it used only egg yolks, I thought it used the whole egg. (Speaking of, does anyone know why it specifically has to be DIJON dressing to make the mayo? Does it have to be or will regular mustard work?)

Comment

It doesn&#39;t have to be Dijon. You don&#39;t even need mustard to make a mayo.

By the way, if eggs are organic and local, just mix them with your smoothie and drink it raw. Or make a soufflé with a mashed banana.

Comment

Choco, the absence of mustard at home was the only thing that was stopping me from making Mayo at home (I threw away the French&#39;s you see). Thanks to you, not any more. Might even try it tonight.

Comment

Again, Choco, you&#39;re my hero!

Comment

what the hey is an oopsie roll?

Comment

This is an oopsie roll:

http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2008/...ol-oopsie.html

Comment

make coconut custard.

Comment

hollandaise sauce. http://www.joyfulabode.com/2009/08/2...andaise-sauce/

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Unless I&#39;ve been doing some wrong (or missed something in the OP) I use both half of my eggs when I make these. I&#39;m exceedingly lazy about making them, tho ;P

Comment

I would LOVE to figure out how to hardboil yolks alone (as in, after the egg has been cracked and I&#39;ve used the whites for something else...). I want to use deviled egg filling as a veggie dip, and just use the whites for some other purpose... (Any ideas on if this is possible or how to do this would be appreciated!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X