Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does bone broth keep in the fridge.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does bone broth keep in the fridge.

I'm boiling up a pan now. How quickly do I have to eat it?
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

I read in Mark Bitmann's "How to Cook Everything" (an awesome cookbook) that you can re-boil it every third day and keep it in the fridge for a long time (I think it was a month or so, maybe indefinitely). I freeze mine in glass jars and just take one out every three days or so, so that I can have a cup or so per day.

Comment

A neat trick I picked up from the freetheanimal.com blog is to pour the stock into ice cube trays and freeze them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan M View Post
        A neat trick I picked up from the freetheanimal.com blog is to pour the stock into ice cube trays and freeze them.
        if you tend to make a lot, you can use mason jars (or as I do, cleaned out jars from tomato sauce or similar) leave room at the top and don't close the lids till they're frozen solid or the soup may break the jars.

Comment

I generally go no longer then 4 days with stock, although I have heard others extend that maybe a couple days longer if they bring it up to a boil before serving.

I freeze in 3 sizes, ice cube trays, quarts, and then a large container I can use for bigger soup batches. I need to get more ice cube trays, they tend to be what I use most commonly. They thaw the fastest and are easy to toss into a dish, veggies, or sauce real quick.
          Erin
          Daily Vlogs
          Primal Pets Blog

Comment

Probably about 5 days.

That's why I almost always freeze mine... even if I plan to use some of it within the next few days, better safe than sorry. (I freeze in 1 cup portions in little tupperware containers, then pop it out and into gallon-size freezer bags for storage.)
            "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

If you read cook books, they often claim that stock will keep almost indefinitely if you boil it up every three days. I don't believe that and like to use it within four days max - or freeze it.

Stock can go "sour" quite fast - at which point I find it extremely laxative......

Comment

Working...
              X