Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Tips for Making Great Hamburgers

Nice article!

Though I do have to disagree that a pound feeds a family of four. It's not a proper burger unless it falls in the 1/3 to 1/2 lb range!
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Originally posted by ennasirk View Post
    Nice article!

Though I do have to disagree that a pound feeds a family of four. It's not a proper burger unless it falls in the 1/3 to 1/2 lb range!
    I have a family of 5 and need at least 2.5-3lbs to feed us.
    Georgette

Comment

In my calorie-counting days I used to make measly 1/4-lb burgers. The guy would always look at them and sigh, but eat anyway.

He's much happier with his burger size nowadays. :P
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Originally posted by onalark View Post
        In my calorie-counting days I used to make measly 1/4-lb burgers. The guy would always look at them and sigh, but eat anyway.

He's much happier with his burger size nowadays. :P
        Yeah, I find about 1/2 lb (uncooked weight) to be just right - I'll typically split a 1 lb package between me and the bf. That and a side salad or other veggie is usually just right for me.
        "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

I make them bigger than the palm of my hands now.
          Georgette

Comment

A pound will just barely feed me and my husband, lol! I like my burgers like, a squished tennis ball.
            I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

i HIGHLY disagree with #7. I hate thin patties.
              I like thick, juicy burgers that are charred on the outside and dripping pinkish red on the inside. At least a 3/4" thick.
              -dennis

Comment

I like thin sliders. Small, thin, easily eaten. Still end up eating over a pound between hubby and I, but you feel better, because you've indulged in eating so many. I like them cooked on a flattop with caramelized onions ala white castle. Just, you know, with good meat and a primal bun or lettuce wrap.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

Working...
                X