Primal tzatziki recipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal tzatziki recipe?

I made some really REALLY good lamb meatloaf tonight and the only thing that would have made it perfect was some tzatziki sauce. I have never made it before though. Does anyone have a good primal recipe for tzatziki?
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

Tzatziki Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Looks pretty primal to me.

Comment

Assuming you do dairy, tzatziki is perfectly primal. Peeled and grated cucumber (salt it and let it sit in a colander a bit to draw out some of the water), yogurt, fresh or dried mint, drizzle of olive oil.
      My food blog, with many PB-friendly recipes

Comment

When I've had Tzatziki in Greece, there was always garlic in it too.

Strained yogurt (to make it thick) chopped fresh mint, (about a desert spoon) , grated cucumber, liquid squeezed out, 2 crushed cloves garlic, juice of half a lemon, and salt to taste. One taverna on the waterfront had ground Sumac sprinkled on it too which was delicious.

Comment

I do mine:

Greek yogurt
          1 cucumber chopped very finely. Also I take out the seeds (toss)
          sea salt 1/2 tsp
          garlic - 2 -3 cloves fresh if possible
          and lime (1-2 depending on your taste
          Julia
          Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
          Started Primal Mid January 2011
          Current Weight 183
          Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
          http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
            Assuming you do dairy, tzatziki is perfectly primal. Peeled and grated cucumber (salt it and let it sit in a colander a bit to draw out some of the water), yogurt, fresh or dried mint, drizzle of olive oil.
            This plus 2-3 cloves of garlic is usually how I do it, but note that if you make it the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight, it's 1000000x tastier.

Comment

I like fresh dill in mine instead of mint. So Greek Yogurt, finely chopped cucumber, chopped dill, salt, and onion or garlic if you like.

Directions: Mix...taste...adjust.

Comment

Working...
              X