Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KitchenAid Mixer....primal suggestions anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks all.. very good suggestions..
    whipped heaven sounds very good.. found the recipe on this forum.

Will come in handy the next time I make a prime rib roast.. with horseradish cream, recipe from the Ad Hoc cook book. Basically whipped cream with horseradish.

Comment

Originally posted by onalark View Post
      We actually got the meat grinder attachment, and it sucks. So sad.
      Really? I have the grinder attachment and I think it works pretty well. I make sure to freeze it well beforehand and i also freeze the meat for a few minutes before grinding.

The sausage stuffer attachment on the other hand... I'll just say it's terrible.

Comment

I make ice cream (with the ice cream bowl)
        I use it to whip things, such as chocolate mousse made with avocado base.
        and I just made a pumpkin bake with it, which I hope turns out epic. Its currently baking.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
          Really? I have the grinder attachment and I think it works pretty well. I make sure to freeze it well beforehand and i also freeze the meat for a few minutes before grinding.

The sausage stuffer attachment on the other hand... I'll just say it's terrible.
          I made five pounds of breakfast sausage last Christmas, and it took two hours to grind and left me with a sore arm from having to constantly mash, mash, mash things down.

I also partly froze the mix and the pieces. Didn't matter. Too much smear and way too much effort. I'm planning on working a little overtime in the next few weeks so I can afford a dedicated grinder and have it in time for making sausages for the family for Christmas. :3

After all, who doesn't want a little sausage stuffed in their stocking?
          Steph
          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Originally posted by onalark View Post
            I also partly froze the mix and the pieces. Didn't matter. Too much smear and way too much effort. I'm planning on working a little overtime in the next few weeks so I can afford a dedicated grinder and have it in time for making sausages for the family for Christmas. :3
            Awesome. I am sure a dedicated grinder would work better. I at least want a dedicated stuffer. I really like the link sausage I made, but it was waaaay too much work. The meat would barely feed through. I kept pushing with the masher and all it did was create a vacuum so that when I pulled back to push again, it just pulled out the meat out with it. Ugh. I still have nightmares, hahaha.

Comment

I, too, have this big old KitchenAid mixer that doesn't see much action, but it will be nice when I have kids, so we can make primal cookies and breads together. I don't make treats very often though, so it sits in the cupboard.

As far as meat grinding goes, I had read reviews that both the grinder and stuffer suck...they are too flimsy. However, I have found that my Ninja -- a glorified food processor/blender -- works great for "grinding" my offal and other meats. When we get turkey for the holidays. I roast the wings and legs and then grind up the lean breast to add with fatter pork for meat balls, chilis and soups later. Who wants to eat the dry breast anyway?

Comment

Working...
              X