No announcement yet.

Trader Joe's List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, forgot balsamic. I love Trader Joe's Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. Yum!
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

Two Buck Chuck. I've heard a lot about it and I'm curious.
      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I forgot...Mission St. IPA
        A Veteran is someone who in his life wrote a blank check made payable to The USA for an amount "up to and including my life"

Comment

There's not much I get at TJs...exclude perishable and it's practically nothing. Almond meal and some nuts, I guess. Tea if something looks jumps out at me. I like their chamomile. Oh...and I sometimes use their gluten-free dog treats as training treats for our dogs...they're easy to cut up in to small bits (not cheap though).
          Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

My non-perishables there are (I definitely do not buy all this every trip!):

organic coffee
            wine - 2 buck chuck sometimes but usually Pinot Noir -Black Mountain (I think - it's something mountain, and it's GOOD)
            macademia nuts - I buy one bag salted and one unsalted and mix
            85% chocolate lover's dark chocolate (Trader Joe's brand)
            pepitas - raw pumpkins seeds (no oil)
            macorna (sp?) almonds - with skin - roasted in olive oil (the other kind has sunflower oil)
            olive oil
            kalamata olives
            almond butter
            organic maple syrup
            organic kosher pickle slices
            organic vodka sauce (not totally primal -mainly for my husband)
            Lara bars - for when I'm in a pinch
            My journal

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
              Moar like TRAITOR Joe's, amirite?

Bastard puts soy bean oil in everthing.
              I have a friend whose daughter has a life threatening soy allergy, and TJs in her favourite store.
              I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
              Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
              "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

Wine, nuts, almond and sunflower butter,tuna, hand cream, olive oil....but yeah. most of the stuff I get there is perishable!
                I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

TJ dry roasted pecan pieces--I love these and use them in lots of recipes; in a cooler your could get their terrific cheeses-- the blueberry vanilla chevre is incredible. I seem to buy mostly nuts, frozen meat, fish, berries, and fresh produce.
                  This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                  Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

my kids freak out over their dried bananas. They're sliced thin lengthwise and the label says 'just bananas, flattened,' or something like that. It's like candy for them. The packs are about a buck fifty each, and I get about six or seven at a time.
                    junebu8's journ@l

Comment

Tuna in green curry or tuna in red panang sauce - it's sealed in a bag and packaged in a box. Okay, it has a tiny bit of sugar in it but it's sooooo good. Tastes just like Thai restaurant food and takes 30 seconds to heat up in the microwave. And is less than 2 bucks each. Of course, my kids wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole but that just means more for me!

Comment

I wonder if artichokes would last to Austin in a cooler. They're on special this week at TJs for $1/each. I've been paying $3. I love them, though.

They have a non-EV olive oil which I like for cooking. It's the only place I can find regular old olive oil.

Most of the stuff I like there is perishable, though.

Comment

Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk (32oz non-perishable box)
                          marinated mushrooms
                          jalapeno stuffed olives (to die for with goat cheese)
                          almond flour
                          sun-dried tomatoes
                          pound-plus dark chocolate (rumored to be Callebaut under their private label)
                          curry simmer sauce
                          chicken broth (32oz non-perishable box)
                          unsweetened dark cherries dried (no sulfur and fabulous)
                          Bobs Red ground flax seed meal
                          blueberry flax seed meal
                          salsa verde (jar)
                          whole grain dijon mustard
                          spanish olive oil (just won a Yahoo Shopping best taste test)
                          grapeseed oil
                          organic raw honey
                          lemon pepper seasoning with grinder

Comment

Yeah, nuts. Two buck chuck wine. I buy pastured cheese there. Not much else anymore. i don't like their coffees.
                            Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                              Two Buck Chuck. I've heard a lot about it and I'm curious.
                              I think 2 Buck Chuck is Swill...but many of their $5-7 wines are pretty decent.

Nicaraguan coffee, Dark Belgian chocolate covered almonds, chocolate covered espresso beans.

Comment

Seconding the Bay Blend coffee--my absolute favorite. They have pretty inexpensive canned coconut milk. Salted almond butter, which I can't find anywhere else--I can always find unsalted, but the salted is delicious. Two Buck Chuck Shiraz and Cabernet go really well when mixed 50-50 with their fruit-flavored sparkling water (calorie-free)--we call it "ghetto sangria" and it is our go-to summer alcoholic beverage.

Comment

Working...
                                X