Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please share your recipes using unflavored gelatin!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please share your recipes using unflavored gelatin!

Does anyone have a nifty recipe using unflavored gelatin? I'd like to work more into my diet, but am in need of some ideas.

Thanks much!

Uhm... I only have one for a dessert? I posted it on this board: Sherry, nut and chocolate mousse

Comment

I put it in blended berries for a snack, along with a few drops of stevia if the berries are tart.
      This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
      Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

I just saw your issues with dairy, so maybe sub the heavy cream for coconut milk. Should be very doable, but it'll probably come out a little more dense. I once did it with greek yoghurt, and it worked fine.

If you decide on a dessert for some special occasion

Comment

lemon juice and stevia

Fruit tea
          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Soups, stews, chili.
            Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Aspics, like brawn (aka head cheese for Americans). Makes a great snack.
              "Thanks to the combination of meat, calcium-rich leaf foods, and a vigorous life, the early hunter-gatherers were robust, with strong skeletons, jaws, and teeth." - Harold McGee, On Food And Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen

Comment

Sangria Shooters.

Lime juice with just a tetch of stevia to soften the gelatin. Then heat some more lime juice and add it to melt the gelatin. Then add pinot noir and put in ice cube trays in the fridge. They pop out to be these cute little blocks you can serve at a party (or sit in front of the computer and eat all by yourself and not share).

I have lime trees that are producing like crazy so I have to keep coming up with ways to use the juice. This would probably work with orange juice too minus the stevia.

Comment

Smoked salmon mousse. 2 packs smoked salmon offcuts (about 8 oz total) 2 small jars yogurt or sour cream, one onion chopped fine, teaspoon capers, tablespoon chopped parsley, half tablespoon chopped dill, a little cayenne, juice of one lemon.

Whizz all together in a food processor. Then chop 4 leaves of gelatin and put in a bowl with 2 tablespoons white wine. Put this over a pan of lightly boiling water until it is dissolved. Allow to cool a little, then add to the food processor and whizz briefly.

Tip into bowl / mould ( a fish shaped mould is superb here). Put in fridge until set - 2 hours min. To unmould, run very hot water into a bowl, gently lower the mould in, then invert over a plate and shake the mousse out (if it is a fish shape - a mirror makes a stunning serving plate!) Garnish with finely sliced cucumber, lemon and some chopped salad greens.

It is delicious, nutritious - and will wow your guests.

Comment

I use it in smoothies and primal chocolate mousse. I dissolve it in some lukewarm water; then, if I want a really smooth texture (as for the mousse), I'll add a bit of boiling water and stir well until the liquid is smooth.

For a quick drink, I'll mix the lukewarm gelatin in ~1/2 C coconut milk, then add vanilla and drink that. Not the tastiest concoction ever, but fast.
                    “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Comment

Your recipe sounds great. Thanks for sharing it here.
                      “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Comment

Working...
                      X