Need meat based appetizer/party food ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need meat based appetizer/party food ideas

I'm going to a party in a couple days that is kind of potluck. I saw the list of what people are bringing. dessert, dessert, dessert, pasta, pita and dip, etc. etc. etc.

It is over the dinner hour and I wont have a chance to eat beforehand as I have to help set up. So what substantial meat based yet still appetizery/party style food could I bring. (not shrimp....main guest is seafood allergic)
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

chicken skewers, scallops wrapped in bacon (or for that matter anything wrapped in bacon), meatballs in sauce, sausage stuffed jalapenos

Comment

Asparagus wrapped with bacon. I have quite a few good ones - but all contain seafood (salmon).

Comment

beef roulades...small bits of flattened, seasoned beef wrapped around some other food, like veggies, cheese, pickles, etc. and put on a tooth pick.
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Stuffed mushrooms.

Comment

Meat skewers of whatever type, meatballs, little crustless quiches with whatever fillings you like, deviled eggs (not quite meat but still tasty protein), some type of seasoned rib bites, chicken wings.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Chicken liver paté (the Nourishing Traditions recipe is good) and veggies to dip.
              Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
              Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
              Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                Chicken liver paté (the Nourishing Traditions recipe is good) and veggies to dip.
                The good thing about chicken liver pate is that you wouldn't have to share it.

Lori

Comment

Bacon wrapped scallops.
                  Georgette

Comment

I was going to suggest chicken satay without the peanut sauce...maybe a substitute for peanuts....?

Comment

A cured meat plate? You could get some nice bresaola, mortadella, prosciutto etc.
                      My food blog, with many PB-friendly recipes

Comment

Working...
                      X