Almond Butter Macaroons Dipped in Dark Chocolate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almond Butter Macaroons Dipped in Dark Chocolate

I haven't made this recipe yet, but saw it on a non-primal site and wanted to pass it along. It has only 3 tablespoons of sugar in the whole recipe, so it could make a more sensible indulgence, but if you'd like to omit it I bet it would work well too.

Anyway, I hope someone gets to makes these and enjoy!!!

Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Merengues | Cara's Cravings

looks great, I usually eat anything made from almond butter
    Last edited by Omni Blender; 04-26-2011, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I wonder if you can powder splenda or xylitol and add that would it work? I found some agave powder on nutsonline.com (which is a great place by the way), maybe that could be a nice alternative? I'm curious to try this out.

Comment

oh these look sooo good... It may just compel me to go out and pick up some mac nut butter...to make these as I don't do well w/almonds
        The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
        What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
        SW 190lb
        Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
        25 Sep 2011 160lbs
        1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
        GW ~135lbs
        5'3"
        Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

Oh my wow the idea of these with macadamia nut butter sounds AMAZING.

Maybe dust some coconut flakes on them (because macadamia and coconut goes SO good together!)?

Yummy yummy!

Edit: Here's another thought. How about making these with coconut butter instead of nut butter?

Comment

Very good one idea you have shared with all of us buddy. Thanks for sharing that one with all of us....
            That's looks like much tasty and I also like to eat chocolate much that's why I like that recipe much...

Comment

These are fantastic! Will definitely put them on the repeat list. I used coconut sugar (the full 3 Tbs), but am thinking I will try cutting it down some or eliminating it all together the next time around. Thanks!

Comment

That looks delicious.
                In general a great thing about macaroons is they are so low sugar it's hard to feel bad about it, in addition to being naturally grain an dairy free.
                I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

Working...
                X