Soy-Free Protein powders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soy-Free Protein powders

Im working on recipes for energy bars for backpacking trips, and I like to add protein powder to them to up the protein levels. Could someone suggest a powder that contains no soy lechtin?
    I saw some hemp protein powder today, but wasnt sure if that was an acceptable type to use under this diet. any recommendations?

Why not whey protein?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Pure whey, ftw.

Comment

Whey would be fine, but every one I looked at contains soy lechtin. along with that, I cant afford paying 480 for a can of it. Worse comes to worse, I'll skip it.

Comment

What is lechtin? Do you mean lectin or lecithin? They are very different things. First one is bad, second one haven't heard it is. I think its the latter thats in the protein powders.

Comment

Probably didnt spell it correctly.

Comment

I searched long and hard for just such a thing, for just such a purpose, and found it, surprisingly enough, at The Vitamin Shoppe. It's called Solgar, and it contains only WPI and vanilla. It's rather tasty mixed up with whole milk as a shake, but also I use it in nut-based energy bars, to very good effect.

Comment

Working...
              X