Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with Bread Machine and Pasta Machine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Bread Machine and Pasta Machine?

Do I just need to ditch these, or is there something I can use them for in Primal food preparation? I don't want to toss them, yet I feel conflicted about giving them away to someone so that they can continue their CW diet with my blessing.

is there such a thing as Almond or Coconut flour pasta? Or some sort of "bread" I can make with either in the bread machine?

Any ideas?

If I couldn`t find use for them I`d donate them to a shelter or something...church?
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

Freecycle?

Comment

Yesterday I went swimming... super awesome!

** okay sorry... I totally commented on the wrong thing...**
        Last edited by thehallowprince; 04-12-2011, 12:41 PM.
        March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
        Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Yard sale?
          Georgette

Comment

Well, Google is my friend. Did a search and found this. I may have to run this through the old pasta machine and see how it tastes.

coconut flour pasta Recipe | LIVESTRONG.COM

Comment

LOL, I see you all seem to be in favor of ditching them!

We'll see. Right now, I'm yearning for a few substitutions for some high carb food. Maybe eventually, I won't even think that way!

I do love my pasta machine--it's like a grown up version of the Play Doh fun factory.

Comment

Originally posted by HTownGirl View Post
                Well, Google is my friend. Did a search and found this. I may have to run this through the old pasta machine and see how it tastes.

coconut flour pasta Recipe | LIVESTRONG.COM
                Weird, it shows up as a coconut flour recipe, but the ingredients actually call for almond flour.

Comment

Has anyone tried that recipe? It looks too simple to be true! I wonder if you could really make pasta with it

Comment

That recipe is still pretty high carb as well as high calorie. 25g of carbs and over 700 calories a serving.

Comment

You could use the pasta machine for clay if you are into scuplture or jewelry making as a hobby.
                      Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                        You could use the pasta machine for clay if you are into scuplture or jewelry making as a hobby.
                        Well that would be fun, except the last thing I need is another hobby, LOL!

Comment

I'm keeping mine for now. I actually made a loaf of bread yesterday. It was a testament to my motivation and will power. My hubby isn't Primal and likes his toast. I love fresh bread and though that if I did it I would go nuts but it wasn't bad at all. I didn't want it. A similar thing happened at dinner. I made a decadent tomato sauce with ground beef and lots of veggies. Usually I would eat something like that with pasta. So I made a bit of pasta for my husband and without thinking I ate some to test for doneness. It was just habit. For a few seconds I wondered if this slip was going to cause some sort of huge carb craving reaction (I'm only on my second week) but it didn't at all. No noodle desire at all. Yay.

I'm also really fascinated about some of the things I've been reading about wheat on Heart Scan Blog in terms of varieties of wheat and how the majority of wheat that is consumed now is a variety that was bred into existence starting in the 60's and is quite different then the wheat's of yesteryear on a genetic level. His personal testing of and ancient wheat variety was really interesting, namely that it didn't provoke the same sort of dietary and bloodsugar response that common flour does. Other readers have found the same thing. I can actually easily get that wheat as well as few other older varieties as they're grown by some farmers near me. I know it's not primal but I'm interested in doing some experiments at a later date once being off wheat for a few months. Doesn't mean I'll go back to eating it on a regular basis but it goes to something I've been interested in for a few years now in all aspects of food production. Namely how our industrial system has changed foods, all foods, to meet it's specific requirements (yield, size, shape, ease of harvest, keeping and transport ability, disease resistance) and not necessarily for the benefits of human nutrition. Generally it's been everything but nutrition that's even considered.

Comment

Well I recently moved and was unpacking my bread machine and rice steamer...they went into the garage sale pile honestly. The bread machine never turned out awesome bread to begin with. It usually had a really hard crust. And I'm sure the rice steamer would be ok if I ever wanted to steam veggies and fish again, but I really don't. I'd much rather slather them in butter and roast them haha. Putting them in the garage sale pile for me was a testament to my commitment after only 3 months on Primal. It wasn't really hard for me tho. I'm enjoying the freespace that those bulky machines took up.

As for the moral ramifications of selling them to some unPrimal soul. I've gone down that route already with my family and friends. Not a single convert to Primal, so I honestly don't feel bad about selling them. I feel like even if I shared "the gospel" they would still want their bread/pasta/rice even if it killed them.

Comment

I'm still looking at my KitchenAid mixer and all my baking pans (I love tart pans) and trying to "let go." Will I really never make a pan of brownies again? Or a pie? Well, we're moving soon to a smaller place and I hope that will make me put them all up for sale so I don't pay to move them.
                              Rusa

Comment

Working...
                              X