No announcement yet.

Primal Beef Stroganoff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could have sworn Mark had a primal beef stroganoff recipe in the online recipe list, but I can't find it now. I want to make stroganoff today, but I'm totally winging this. It's been years since I've made stroganoff... and I'm pretty sure I used a packet (don't judge :P). I'm planning on using about 1/2 lb of beef tips (which I'll cut up into bite size pieces), portobello mushrooms (I'll cut up either one or two caps into strips), and probably some chunky cut yellow onion. I think I'll brown it all in maybe 2 tbsp butter and add a cup or two of stock with greek yogurt for consistency. Spices to taste. Serve with peas and some leafy greens, maybe even some mashed turnips. Any suggestions from experienced primal cooks? Should I not totally omit sour cream? I just figure the butter + beef + greek yogurt will provide plenty of fat on their own.

Thanks!

Comment

Here ya go... Mark's posted recipe.
      Beef Stroganoff | Mark's Daily Apple
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I made this and it was the whip! I served it with mashed cauliflower and drizzled some of the sauce from the meat on it. Totally yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          Here ya go... Mark's posted recipe.
          Beef Stroganoff | Mark's Daily Apple
          Mark's Recipe is very tasty. I fixed this Monday night and had leftovers for lunch on Tuesday. Highly recommended!

Comment

I knew he had one! I don't know how I missed it. Thanks!

Comment

He posted that recipe a couple of weeks back. I have that and the crispy carnitas bookmarked.
              Georgette

Comment

I cooked Mark's stronganoff recipe last week only I substituted chicken for the beef and my husband is tired of coconut so I added FF greek yogurt to the sauce. It's been declared a Keeper.

Comment

Anyone else tried the beef Stroganoff Recipe that Mark posted recently? I plan on making it for dinner tomorrow and am curious as to what to expect. Today I found beef tenderloin at 8.99 per lb.
                  Also I use coconut milk a lot, but haven't used it for cooking just yet. Does it give the entire meal the distinguishable coconutty flavor?

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                    Um... stroganoff has never had tomato paste in it. But then again, we're talking about Betty Crocker. I wouldn't trust that source.

Primal Stroganoff (as long as you eat dairy), per person:

8 oz. ground beef
                    1/2 medium yellow onion, cut in strips
                    4 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
                    1/2 cup white wine or dry sherry
                    1/4 cup sour cream
                    1/4 cup heavy cream
                    1 TB butter
                    Nutmeg and black pepper to taste

Melt butter in skillet. Fry beef, onion, and mushrooms in skillet over medium-high heat. When beef is mostly browned and onions and mushrooms have wilted, season with nutmeg and pepper. Add white wine/sherry; reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes. Add sour cream and heavy cream to beef and vegetable mixture. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.

Serves 1-2.

Nutrition facts:
                    Calories: 523
                    Fat: 43g
                    Cholesterol: 140mg
                    Sodium: 113mg
                    Carbs: 9g
                    Sugars: 3g
                    Fiber: 1g
                    Protein: 23g
                    I am going to try this recipe tonight!
                    Thanks for posting.