Cultured Butter - Bacon Flavored!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultured Butter - Bacon Flavored!

Following the post last week about making cultured butter at home, i made a batch of bacon flavored butter yesterday. Now i can't decide what i should do with it.

If you had a batch of bacon flavored butter, how would you use it? (eating it with a spoon doesnt count).

I would spread it on cheddar bacon muffin/scones. I saw an almond flour recipe floating around!

Oh and my favorite butter delivery device these days is steak. A nice dollop on top of a hot rare steak. Mmmmmmmm!
    Also:

I would cook asparagus in it.

I would cook mushrooms in it.

I would cook just about anything in it. Sounds amazing!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Comment

lol I was interested by that article too. But the cultured creme fraice was going to cost so much for such a small amount that I would only have got a table spoon of butter for the same price as a 500g block of normal butter
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

i made my own... buttermilk and heavy whipping cream. It wasnt too bad. I had a friend who was happy to take the rest of the buttermilk off my hands. She bakes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calybrid View Post
          If you had a batch of bacon flavored butter, how would you use it? (eating it with a spoon doesnt count).
          hey, not fair!!!
          ....um...
          eat it with a ladle??

And I would definitely try as many different ways as I could think of to cook eggs in it.
          Kale or spinach or any other green cooked in bacon butter would probably be great too.
          primal journal - the book of meatabix / food pr0n

Comment

Following the post last week about making cultured butter at home, i made a batch of bacon flavored butter yesterday. Now i can't decide what i should do with it.

I just tried searching.... but I'm not 100% sure which post this is... do you have the link??

Please and thank you

Comment

The link- with instructions.

Originally posted by Elspeth View Post
              I just tried searching.... but I'm not 100% sure which post this is... do you have the link??

Please and thank you
              Homemade Cultured Butter | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

I cooked with my bacon butter, and it was FABULOUS!

The boyfriend wanted shrimp for dinner. He's new to seafood, but paleo's got him trying things he never would eat before (i love seafood!).

I had bacon butter.

The grocery store had asparagus on sale..

There was a skillet sitting on the stove, clean and ready to use.

I'll bet you're thinking what i was thinking. And it was delicious! (shrimp and asparagus sauteed in bacon butter and minced garlic) The butter is definitely better than using olive oil. It causes the shrimp to get crispy if you let them sit long enough on one side. Love it. New favorite.

Comment

The boyfriend wanted shrimp for dinner. He's new to seafood, but paleo's got him trying things he never would eat before (i love seafood!).

I had bacon butter.

I'll bet you're thinking what i was thinking. And it was delicious! (shrimp and asparagus sauteed in bacon butter and minced garlic) The butter is definitely better than using olive oil. It causes the shrimp to get crispy if you let them sit long enough on one side. Love it. New favorite.
                  Mmmmmmmmmmm all of my favorite foods combined in one pan. *DROOL*
                  -John Lennon

Comment

Eat it. You know you want to. Everybody's doin' it.

Give in to the peer pressure.

Took all of 10 minutes to throw together.

Comment

Eat it. You know you want to. Everybody's doin' it.

Give in to the peer pressure.

Took all of 10 minutes to throw together.
                      Hellz yes, I will. Tonights menu will definitely be shrimpy and asparagusy. Thanks!
                      -John Lennon

Comment

YUM! Thanks!!!

Comment

I had bacon butter.

Well, I know what I'll be making this weekend! I am drooling just over the idea of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                            lol I was interested by that article too. But the cultured creme fraice was going to cost so much for such a small amount that I would only have got a table spoon of butter for the same price as a 500g block of normal butter
                            I was thinking the same thing, but I went ahead and bought creme fraiche to start with ($10 for 2 cups!), so it was costly to make my first batch. However, I kept the buttermilk from it and and added to some cream last night and this morning it is smelling and looking quite lovely. (BTW, how long am i supposed to let this sit before turning it into butter?)

I anticipate having some buttermilk leftover from this batch, so that cycle will continue.

Comment

Working...
                            X