X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your fastest easiest and tastiest meal

Hey guys,

I can't cook worth crap!

So I'm looking for any primal meal that is really fast to make, easy to make, and tastes great!

I have the PB cookbook, but to be honest, that's too hard for me and takes too much of my time. I'm lookin for quick and tasty!

Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by AriGold; 03-31-2011, 01:33 PM.

Eggs and bacon! Yum!

Comment

Anything with eggs. Meat and eggs take maybe 10 minutes to cook and are rather impossible to screw up. Season both, done.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Cool, keep them coming.

So what are some essential seasonings I should have in my cupboard?

What is some great seasoning to put in a wok full of random vegetables to cook?

Comment

3 eggs, 4 cups chopped broccoli, 2tbsp butter. Scramble on medium high heat till broccoli is tender. Add garlic pepper for seasoning.

Bacon wrapped chicken thighs, bake for 40min then broil for 6-8min to crisp bacon (on the menu tonight)
          http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AriGold View Post
            Cool, keep them coming.

Fresh ginger and lots of garlic
            http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

Get a indoor grill. Buy fish, chicken, and steak. Season with whatever suits you and grill.

Get frozen or fresh veggies. Eat with what you just grilled. Some veggies can be sliced and grilled.
              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Cool, keep them coming.

sea salt and some cracked black pepper
                Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                CW: 146.8 lbs
                GW 140 lbs
                A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Cool, keep them coming.

Hell yes on the ginger and garlic. Fresh garlic is best, as is fresh ginger, but powdered ginger is good too.
                  Add in a splash of beef or chicken stock and some spicy brown mustard. and let it coat the veg and garlic/ginger. Devour. Mmmmmmmmm!

Other easy meals:
                  Taco salad minus the tortilla chips. Just layer it on your plate. Your only cooking is the ground meat. Cook with taco seasoning. I have a recipe or you can try to find a packet without frankengredients.

Shakshuka - ground italian sausage (make sure it's gluten free and not full of crap) browned a bit, then add tomato sauce, canned diced tomatoes, spinach or kale, other veg of your choice and a splash of wine and lots of italian spices and fresh garlic. Let it simmer until delicious and then crack in 4-6 eggs. Cover and turn off the heat. Let sit for 5 min or until eggs are set to desired consistancy.

BAS. So easy, so delicious. Salad greens+veg of your choice+meat+dressing. Dressing can be as simple as macadamia oil and balsamic vinegar, to something a bit more involved like caesar dressing, which is basically egg yolks, oil, garlic, anchovy paste, a dash of worchestershire and fresh lemon.
                  The more I see the less I know for sure.
                  -John Lennon

Comment

cook mushrooms in rich bone broth, with herbs/spices of your choosing: nearly instant, fabulous mushroom soup.
                    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Brown some pork shoulder in bacon fat. Stick it in the crockpot on high with a jar of green tomatillo salsa. Several hours later you will have the MOST tender pulled pork and as a bonus your house will smell like a taqueria. Serve it with some fresh pico de gallo. Heeeaaaven! (I know this because I have some cooking right now and it smells AMAZING) Okay so it isn't *fast* but it is super easy and low maintenance...
                      Last edited by Pink Slinky; 03-31-2011, 03:14 PM. Reason: added info
                      Heck no, I don't want no dang turkey bacon!

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Slinky View Post
                        Brown some pork shoulder in bacon fat. Stick it in the crockpot on high with a jar of green tomatillo salsa. Several hours later you will have the MOST tender pulled pork and as a bonus your house will smell like a taqueria. Serve it with some fresh pico de gallo. Heeeaaaven! (I know this because I have some cooking right now and it smells AMAZING) Okay so it isn't *fast* but it is super easy and low maintenance...
                        This sounds awesome! and easy!

Comment

Buy some of those vegetable steamer bags in garbage bag section of store, fill with broccoli and nuke for about 3 minutes. It comes out perfect this way. Use the bag as many times as possible before throwing away. I think there are ten in each box. Drizzle with EVOO.

Also get pork tenderloin and cut off "chops" that are about an inch thick. Season with salt, pepper and oregano (I like Mexican oregano) and cook in olive oil for about 1 min 30 seconds each side. You will need to add a bit of fat to this meal one way or the other. I like to eat sliced avocado with it.

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                            sea salt and some cracked black pepper
                            Amen. If there are 2 essentials in any kitchen, it is this.

Comment

I need to make up a big batch and keep this on hand rather than buying pre-made, but essential for me, aside from what's already been stated is Mojo Criollo marinade. Here's a recipe:

Ingredients
                              6 Cloves garlic; (up to 8)
                              1 ts Salt
                              1 Meduim onion; thinly sliced
                              1/2 c Sour orange juice
                              1/2 c Pure Spanish olive oil

Using a food processor, crush the garlic with salt to make a thick paste. In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic paste, onion and juice, and let the mixture sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or longer. Minutes before serving, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a medium pan unitl it is very hot. Add garlic mixture, stir, serve immediately.

If you can't get sour orange you can mix 2 parts orange juice, unsweetened and preferably fresh squeezed and 1 part lime juice. This is my favorite marinade for just about all meats. I had some angus minute steaks for dinner, marinated for a couple of hours, then drained. I sauteed thinly sliced onions in lard then added the meat. It tends to absorb a lot of the liquid so I let it reduce then serve with veggie of choice. I didn't feel like cookign too much so just had some frozen peas with butter.

The marinade is excellent for chicken and pork as well. It's essential for Cuban pork. I throw a pork roast in the crock pot with sliced onions, mojo and let it do its thing, turning it every so often. Works the same with chicken.
                              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Working...
                              X