Kombucha how -to, please~!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kombucha how -to, please~!

I have read a bit about kombucha and now I need to know how to make it - methods, recipes etc. Is it probiotic rich? Does it taste nice?

And regarding taste, can it be flavoured - i.e. with a stick of vanilla or cinnamon while it is brewing, or perhaps a few slices of ginger? Or is it best straight up?

Thanks.
    Last edited by breadsauce; 03-28-2011, 01:25 AM. Reason: spelling!

It's real easy to get started. You can grow your own scoby (symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast, aka mushroom) from a cup of black tea and a commercially purchased bottle of kombucha, or order/obtain a scoby. I ordered mine from www.HappyHerbalist.com. Even starting with your own materials, the site has a ton of info on do's and don'ts and things to look out for (like not additives while brewing, otherwise it may throw off the brew).

p.s. I am in no way affiliated with said website, it's just what I used and have liked it.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    J. Stanton

Comment

Working...
    X