Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which foods/dishes fill you up the most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which foods/dishes fill you up the most?

Hi All, I am still having problems with feeling hungry all the time despite just eating more, so wondered, which dishes fill you up the most or keep you going for longer?
    :-)

So far the record is held by pork with crackling (and nothing else, as I'm eating out, buy it in a bun and feed the bun to the pigeons). It's anything up to 7 hours after that before I start even thinking about food again.

Comment

Meat. Beef especially. A steak or a nice piece of roast is awesome. Last night we made up a big skillet of ground beef with onions, shredded cauliflower, tomato sauce and little cheese and spices then ate that in napa cabbage leaves. I was stuffed. That was at 7pm and I wasn't hungry again until noon. I didn't even eat a tremendous amount. Threw some of the meat mix in with my eggs to break my fast.

Of course these meat dishes I'm describing have a decent amount of fat in the cooking. I think the combination of that with a generous serving of veggies really satisfies.
      Last edited by DaisyEater; 03-27-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

are you getting enough water and fats??
        Gretchen in Wyoming
        Princess to the King
        Mom of 3
        Grandma of 1
        Bride to Steven

my blog Mama Goes Primal

Comment

Thanks for the replies all.

Originally posted by sghulett View Post
          are you getting enough water and fats??
          Definitely plenty of water - as I drink about 1.5 litres a day.

Fats - I pour a load of organic olive oil on my salad, which also includes half an avocado and a spoon of coconut oil. Some days I will have some butter, but other than that - it's just the fat with the meat. Is that enough? I probably get through a bottle of olive oil every few weeks.
          :-)

Comment

are you eating any animal fats?? that will help you stay full longer too
            Gretchen in Wyoming
            Princess to the King
            Mom of 3
            Grandma of 1
            Bride to Steven

my blog Mama Goes Primal

Comment

Animal fat. Beef. Eggs.

Comment

Ground beef cooked up in a load of bacon fat with cauliflower rice and collard greens (in a hash). Stuffed. For a long time.

ETA: And the beef is 15% fat (grass-fed), so there's all that fat, too.
                Last edited by TigerLily; 03-27-2011, 03:34 PM.
                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                  Ground beef cooked up in a load of bacon fat with cauliflower rice and collard greens (in a hash). Stuffed. For a long time.

ETA: And the beef is 15% fat (grass-fed), so there's all that fat, too.
                  Yep. That beef dish I mentioned above was cooked in bacon fat and was 15% fat grass fed. NOM.

Comment

Yeah, Daisy. One of the nice things about that meal is it freezes beautifully, so I've always got something at-the-ready for those days when I'm pressed for time or just plain lazy. Also a nice bang for the buck because with all that cauli and the greens and onions (oh, I forgot to put down the onions above), it makes up a massive skillet.
                    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Fatty beef ribs. However, now that I'm a cardiac patient, I'm not sure if I should eat them anymore. Once in a while might be OK, long as I don't over do it. OTOH, I have no qualms at all about eating grass fed beef.

Do we think that Cro Magnon men ate raw meat, or do we think they cooked it? I vote that they barbequed, probably, since I doubt they had pots or pans.

Comment

Bacon and eggs sets me up for the day, especially if I also have a bowl of berries with it. Any meal involving a solid amount of ground beef too.
                        Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

If I have eaten a ton during the day and keep wandering in and out of the kitchen, first I figure out if I am hungry or bored...If I am bored I grab some yarn work or go outside and play. If I am hungry I eat a spoonful of nut butter and that will finish my day for me. I usually end up not eating dinner when I do that and I haven't found another food that will satisfy my hunger in that manner.

Comment

I ate a 'salad' the other day that filled me up for about 24hrs. It involved carrots, grape tomatoes, radishes, one bell pepper, a can of tuna (packed in olive oil) and an entire avocado. I drizzled whatever random vinaigrette I had one hand on it, and threw in some raisins and pecans too. (basically it was just whatever I had left in the fridge at the end of the week). I still had to make myself eat the next day, but didn't actually feel hungry again for several days. (I might have actually gorged myself to the point of feeling ill. oops.)

Comment

Beef and chicken with a side of veggies is generally my most filling meal. Starchy tubers, like sweet potatoes, are filling as well.
                              "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X