Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which foods/dishes fill you up the most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Cree View Post
    Fatty beef ribs. However, now that I'm a cardiac patient, I'm not sure if I should eat them anymore. Once in a while might be OK, long as I don't over do it. OTOH, I have no qualms at all about eating grass fed beef.

Do we think that Cro Magnon men ate raw meat, or do we think they cooked it? I vote that they barbequed, probably, since I doubt they had pots or pans.
    The Food Timeline: history notes--Mesopotamia through Shakespeare
    There's evidence of cooking dating back at least 250k years, but as this article states, could have been far longer.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Bacon fat- garlic ribeye, sweet potato with 4 tbsp cinnamon butter, salad (romaine, egg, cuke, tom, apple, green bell) with garlic red wine viniagrette, and grilled veggies with more garlic butter. That's usually a meal that'll take me 24-36 hrs without even thinking about food.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
        Ground beef cooked up in a load of bacon fat with cauliflower rice and collard greens (in a hash). Stuffed. For a long time.

ETA: And the beef is 15% fat (grass-fed), so there's all that fat, too.
        Top that with a sunny side up egg. YUM
        Georgette

Comment

Working...
        X