Chicken Liver Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Liver Recipes

I just picked up some chicken liver & I've never tried it. Any recipe suggestions?
    -Connoisseur Guy

Back PP (pre-Primal) I would flour them and fry,,,,, love them and gizzards that way. I think I will try them with arrow root flour next time I have some see if it’s as good as traditional flour. Anyhow, other things you could do with them, is sauté in a little EVOO and onions, throw them on the grill, put them in a stew or soup, bake them and sprinkle in a salad.

Comment

A friend of mine did them like this (all in one pan):
      Pan fry livers, about 2-3 minutes on each side
      Remove livers from pan and set aside
      Soften some chopped onions in the pan
      Add some chicken stock, adjust flame so that it is just simmering
      Add the livers back in
      Continue simmering about 10? minutes, then remove the livers again
      Bring heat up, reduce stock until desired thickness is reached, then turn heat off, and throw a knob of butter in
      Stir rapidly until butter is incorporated into the sauce, and serve over the livers.

Comment

There is a julia childs recipe on here somewhere, that someone posted a few months ago, that I've been meaning to try...
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

I'm very simple-minded; I just fry them in olive oil with onions and a bit of salt/pepper. Takes about 15 minutes - most of my cooking does.

Comment

I fry with a little sausage then cover in a spicy Arrabbiata sauce

Comment

I used to get them from the street vendors in Taiwan, just grilled on a stick like a kabob, then seasoned. Chicken hearts are good that way too.

Comment

I fry some onions, then do a combination of frying/braising the livers, just add some salt... I may be a weirdo in this, but I love the taste of chicken livers, so cooking them very simply works well for me.

Comment

Working...
                X