Crockpot Pork Carnitas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crockpot Pork Carnitas

Y'all, I made this recipe for Crockpot Pork Carnitas tonight, and it is fantastic! From the Cheeseslave blog, BTW.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Bookmarked. Now I just need to find lard.

Comment

Oooh I am trying this tomorrow!! I have wet dreams for carnitas **drool**

Glad I've been stockpiling my bacon fat :-P

Comment

I think you could do it with bacon grease and coconut oil... Mmm!
        Last edited by lil_earthmomma; 03-22-2011, 11:00 PM.
        The more I see the less I know for sure.
        -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
          I think you could do it with bacon grease and coconut oil... Mmm!
          Or that jar of red palm oil sitting in my cupboard which I can't seem to incorporate into my everyday cooking.

Comment

Yeah, I think any of that would work. I used a 2.5 lb shoulder, and 1 pint of lard did the trick. I was going to make up the difference with coconut oil, but didn't have to! And after it was done I just strained the lard back into a jar to re-use.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
            5'10" female, 38 y/o
            Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
            WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
            DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
            EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

Originally posted by ommmmaggie View Post
              Yeah, I think any of that would work. I used a 2.5 lb shoulder, and 1 pint of lard did the trick. I was going to make up the difference with coconut oil, but didn't have to! And after it was done I just strained the lard back into a jar to re-use.
              I am going to have to visit my butcher about lard... is that where you get yours?
              -John Lennon

Comment

Bacon grease doesn't appear to have the vitamin D that lard does. From which part is the lard usually made ?

Also what part of the pig is the: carnitas ?

Comment

As Bucky said to Rob in a Get Fuzzy cartoon: Give me something that was a pig!!
                  This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                  Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Originally posted by Acteon View Post
                    Bacon grease doesn't appear to have the vitamin D that lard does. From which part is the lard usually made ?

Also what part of the pig is the: carnitas ?
                    The carnitas are usually made from shoulder cuts.
                    -John Lennon

Comment

OMG, I LOVE carnitas!!!! If pork wasn't one form of food crack, carnitas up it to notches only known beyond mankinds capabilities!!!! Will definitely have to make this!
                      Georgette

Comment

Working...
                      X