Baked Garlic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Garlic?

I've had this in restaurants before, whole peeled cloves of cooked garlic. They looked just like they do when they're raw. How do I make garlic cloves like that at home?

Wrap a head of garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil or butter in foil, making that the whole head is covered with oil. Bake at 400*F for half an hour, or until the individual bulbs feel squishy.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Roast these!
      activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Comment

Oh man, I LOVE those. My wife makes them when I ask her. Beware though, more than two and you will be TOXIC, even to yourself. God I stunk...

Comment

I don't mind smelling like garlic. I LOVE IT in fact. Totally worth the extra space I get the next few days
          Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
          Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
          More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
          LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
          Play more!

Comment

Originally posted by localad View Post

Roast these!
            Only the top part. That flesh-colored thing on the bottom doesn't appreciate being roasted.
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Cut off the top half inch (approximately - just enough so that the tip of each clove is exposed), drizzle on a little fat (olive oil or whatever else), and wrap in foil. Bake until squishy. That's how I do it.
              "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Head of garlic, dowse with olive oil. Bake. No need to wrap in foil.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaish View Post
                  Oh man, I LOVE those. My wife makes them when I ask her. Beware though, more than two and you will be TOXIC, even to yourself. God I stunk...
                  When my husband eats these its his nose breath that is the killer. Gross. LOL

Comment

I hope I'm not oversharing, but once after eating about 6 baked heads on saturday, I made a guy at work walk out of the bathroom choking on Monday.

Comment

I love roasted garlic!

You don't have to use olive oil either, you can use butter or... BACON GREASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
                      The more I see the less I know for sure.
                      -John Lennon

Comment

Giant, or elephant garlic was re-discovered in 1941 by an American nurseryman, Jim Nicholls, who found it growing wild in the gardens of an abandoned settlement called Scio in the Willamette Valley of Oregon.

Hard to get in UK.....and expensive; about US$ 7/head !!
                        activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Comment

Originally posted by localad View Post

Giant, or elephant garlic was re-discovered in 1941 by an American nurseryman, Jim Nicholls, who found it growing wild in the gardens of an abandoned settlement called Scio in the Willamette Valley of Oregon.

Hard to get in UK.....and expensive; about US$ 7/head !!
                          The garlic farm on the Isle of Wight does it - but I don't have a link to their website. They also do smoked garlic which has the advantage of not sprouting!!!

Comment

do what mayness said. i like to sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper too

Comment

Working...
                            X