• Show
Clear All

• Primal Benedict

Spouse came up with this for breakfast this morning:

2 GF ground beef patties cooked
    2 canadian bacon browned
    2 eggs poached
    hollandaise

Stack like regular eggs benedict. Very hearty for the muscular.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

I like mine with tomato slices instead of the muffin--another primal-friendly option.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Time to plant tomatoes!
      This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I just made that, sort of! Got this fantastic burger patty at Chelsea Mkt, 80% ground beef, 20 % ground bacon, to cook at home. Seared, topped with a poached egg. Perfect.

Comment

Okay, I just got giddy at the realization that hollandaise is primal. Thanks for that! Pre-PB I always tried to refrain from eating the stuff with a spoon. I'll be making this SOON.

Comment

i like to us a bed of wilted spinach, too. very good that way.

Comment

I did a primal eggs benny with a bed of spinach, broiled salmon, egg, and hollandaise. It was fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Camille View Post
                Okay, I just got giddy at the realization that hollandaise is primal.
                I got really excited the first time I realized this, too. Also very yummy on asparagus
                I blog here: http://www.primalkat.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
                  I did a primal eggs benny with a bed of spinach, broiled salmon, egg, and hollandaise. It was fantastic!
                  This is a great variation. Smoked salmon would also be good.

Comment

I totally had the "on a bed of spinach" version for dinner tonight. Worked late and not a speck of meat in the house so I had to egg it up. I tried a version of blender hollandaise from the food network website. So much easier than making it the traditional way. Delicious!!!

I oddly don't feel guilty for consuming a half a stick of butter (in the hollandaise).

Comment

Mmmm, totally adding this to my imaginary primal restaurant menu...

Comment

I need a biography of Benedict and Nancy Freedman, the authors of Mrs. Mike. I need about a page of information on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Austinxuflagg View Post
                          I need a biography of Benedict and Nancy Freedman, the authors of Mrs. Mike. I need about a page of information on them.
                          Google.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                            Primal restaurants will probably start making guest-appearances in my sexual dreams

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                              Please may I not die before there is a primal restaurant! If you open one, I'll be there with my entire clan.

Comment

Working...
                              X