First time liver recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time liver recipe

Finally manned up and bought some liver. I'm cooking it tonight for the first time -- anyone have a recipe they'd like to suggest? I'm thinking about just sauteing it with onions and bacon.

I'm gonna try frying it wrapped in bacon, with fried eggs and brussel sprouts, broccoli, and red bell peppers. Didn't like it the first time, so I'm trying it again.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Soak it in lemon juice for a few hours before cooking it. Rinse it. Fry it up in a pan with onions and tallow (or bacon if you prefer).

Just make sure to cook the onions to *almost* done first; the liver won't take too long.

Comment

I like to soak liver in tamari. It adds a nice flavor. Season it with steak seasoning and fry.

This sounds weird, but sometimes I throw it in a blender with a couple eggs and spices, and make liver "pancakes" with it. Quite yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
          This sounds weird...
          Damn straight, it does...

I'm going to have to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
            Damn straight, it does...

I'm going to have to try it.
            To add awesomeness, top with swiss cheeze and spicy brown mustard.

Comment

(not your average) Liver and Onions « Edible Aria

Best liver evar. I need to stick this link in my siggie or something.

Robin's Roost
              My Primal Journal

Comment

I made these a couple weeks ago. They were really good.

Crispy Liver Hash Brown Patties | Mark's Daily Apple

Gordo

Comment

Enjoyed my third Monday liver installment last night, this time marinated in heavy cream and sauteed in Kerrygold. I think I might have actually enjoyed it. If my poor mother were still alive, she'd faint for sure--I hated liver as a child.
                  Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Me too. When I was 5, liver and Brussels sprouts were the bane of my existence. Now they're two of my favorite foods!

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                      Me too. When I was 5, liver and Brussels sprouts were the bane of my existence. Now they're two of my favorite foods!
                      Brussels sprouts, properly cooked, are like candy. Yum.
                      Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Pate'. Yum, yum, yum pate'. Wrapped in bacon -- what could possibly go wrong?
                        "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
                        "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
                        If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

Herbwifemama -- made that recipe tonight. I didn't hate it... but I certainly didn't love it. Tasted like really dry beef with a funky aftertaste. I kinda lost interest after the bacon and onions were all gone. Might make the same recipe again but with steak

Comment

Look up recipes for "Paté de fois gras" on the Internet (use Google Translate if you must).

Comment

Working...
                            X