Eggs - whats you favorite way to eat them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs - whats you favorite way to eat them

As i was walking to work this morning with a warm boiled egg in each hand (its pretty cold in London at the mo and eggs make great handwarmers!) i was wondering how people preferred to eat and cook their eggs.

I like mine scrambled with coriander, mustard seeds, chilli and a bit of garam masala.

If I have to choose just one... scrambled in ghee.

Comment

Scrambled in butter with some chopped smoked salmon and chopped fresh dill. Poached on a piece of smoked haddock. Or fried and served with chips (french fries) cooked in beef dripping!

Comment

Most days I like to keep it simple. Over easy cooked in bacon drippings. I also like them soft boiled a lot.
        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Over medium where the yolks are still gooey

Comment

Scrambled in butter, maybe with a bit of garlic.

Comment

Scrambled in coconut milk and berries.

Comment

Sunny side up sitting a top a burger patty

Comment

My old favorite was over easy, then dredged up in butter-soaked toast. Not really doing that anymore!

So now I mostly go scrambled (I add some heavy cream in there too for more fluffiness), with salsa and sharp cheddar (um, no, I have not given up dairy. heheh)

Comment

scrambled in about a half inch of bacon grease in the pan. they get so fluffy! love it.... i switch up the spices, but usually salt and pepper. with bacon, of course. :P

Comment

Poached sitting on top of a sausage patty, covered in hollandaise sauce.

Comment

This is like asking me to pick my favorite meat! Haha. I usually go for over easy, but I also love soft-boiled, and baked. Basically any method where the yolk is still runny. Love them scrambled too, but I remember reading about the oxidized cholesterol being bad for you, so it's not my usualy method (then again, I think it was from Mercola, so it may be bunk).

I like breadsauce's serving suggestion. I like scrambled ones with salmon, dill and some type of dairy like cream cheese. Bagel and lox replacing the bagel with eggs basically, haha.

Comment

For a daily breakfast I like them sunny side up, fried in butter, with a bit of sea salt. Broccoli to sop up the yolks (the florets are remarkably absorbent!) I love poached with hollandaise, but it's too much work for most breakfasts. I also like hard-boiled for a convenient snack, dipped in Old Bay or sea salt and fresh pepper for seasoning.

And my absolute favorite are deviled eggs, but I don't make them that often. My favorite recipe blends the yolks with creme fraiche, sri racha, dijon mustard, and chopped cilantro. Top it all with chives and paprika. Yummmmmmmm
                          The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

I used to eat scrambled eggs with ketchup every day when I was little. Then I went through a long period of being really disgusted by them. Then I got to where I could some scrambled eggs if they had LOTS of stuff mixed in, or they were added to a stir fry. NOW I can eat scrambled eggs almost plain. The secret for me is using an immersion blender to whip them into a pale froth, before sloooowly cooking in TONS of butter. This method has produced heavenly light, fluffy, golden curds of protein. My favorite way to eat them is with Chimichurri sauce (Blend cilantro, parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper).

My preferred methods are fried with a crispy edge and medium runny yolk and lots of pepper; poached in chicken stock with garlic and cilantro; stir fry. Here's my method for scrambling eggs in a stir fry. Once everything else is nearly done, push everything to the side of your wok (get a carbon steel wok) and make a clear place in the bottom. Add some fat, then pour in a few whisked eggs. Cook evenly , then roughly chop and incorporate.

Instead of boiling eggs, I now steam them in a bamboo basket (using the wok again) and they come out perfectly done after about thirteen to fourteen minutes. I have found it easy to peel just about any boiled egg by using a SPOON. Slip it between the shell and the egg, and just scoop out the egg. This method works every time (so far).

Comment

Originally posted by theholla View Post
                              For a daily breakfast I like them sunny side up, fried in butter, with a bit of sea salt. Broccoli to sop up the yolks (the florets are remarkably absorbent!) I love poached with hollandaise, but it's too much work for most breakfasts. I also like hard-boiled for a convenient snack, dipped in Old Bay or sea salt and fresh pepper for seasoning.

And my absolute favorite are deviled eggs, but I don't make them that often. My favorite recipe blends the yolks with creme fraiche, sri racha, dijon mustard, and chopped cilantro. Top it all with chives and paprika. Yummmmmmmm
                              oh man I am doing those devilled eggs. Never had broccoli with fried eggs, that sounds delicious! How about poached egg over asparagus? Oh my.

Comment

Working...
                              X