I Eat Your Spleen!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Eat Your Spleen!

Okay, so not yours, but I did see that slankers has grassfed beef spleen for sale, and that got me thinking. "How the heck do you cook a beef spleen?"

My 20 seconds of google-fu turned up "soup" which I'd eat, but that sounds kind of lame... Anyone else got some hot spleen chompin' tips?

I am marinading some chicken hearts right now... whoohoo offal.

And lungs.... I'd love to eat some lung.

Comment

You are in luck my friend, Mark's blog topic today is "6 Sneaky Ways to Work Offal Into Your Diet"
      ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

I've eaten lights (lungs) and they where CHEWY!

Comment

Chop up the lights (lungs),spleen, all those bits and pieces we call offal, mix with some spices, stuff into a sheep's stomach, steam and you have hagis. Chill, then slice and fry.
          This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
          Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
            Chop up the lights (lungs),spleen, all those bits and pieces we call offal, mix with some spices, stuff into a sheep's stomach, steam and you have hagis. Chill, then slice and fry.
            Ooh Haggis. I've always wanted a Haggis.

I found a recipe online for "Roman Spleen and Artichoke" seemed kind of fun, I could pretend that I was Caligula.

Comment

I've never seen spleen for sale, so I may have to track some down specially. I can't wait to move in with my mates and start cooking some exotic steaks for them. Anyway, maybe you should make a chilli or stir fry. Whats the texture like? Similar to heart or liver or tongue or kidneys?
              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

I dunno, but Slanker's Grass-Fed Meats -- Meats you must eat for optimal health has it for sale.

Comment

Working...
                X