Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• affordable and quick meals for a college student

Hello Everyone,
    Wanted some delicious affordable yet quick meals to make my life easier here in college!

Do you have your own kitchen?

Comment

1) Ground beef, eggs, and veggies.
      2) Bacon, eggs, veggies.
      3) Bacon.
      4) Chicken thighs/legs/drumsticks in the oven.
      5) Soups -- chicken, marrow bones w/beef, etc.
      6) Slow cooker + roasts + veggies
      7) Veggie ideas -- oven roasted, steamed, sautéed.

It doesn't have to be fancy. I'm a grad student so I know how you feel. If you have your own kitchen, excellent. If not, let us know. We can help brainstorm.
      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

And stir fries! Any combo of meat, veggies and fat that you want. I'm also a grad student and find that it really helps to make 2-3 different batches of food on Sunday, then rotate through them during the week.

Comment

If at all possible, whatever you choose to do, invest in a slow cooker / crock pot. I mean "do it yesterday" type quickness.
          Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
          -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Organ and offal are cheap per pound.

Comment

Originally posted by Velocity View Post
              1) Ground beef, eggs, and veggies.
              2) Bacon, eggs, veggies.
              3) Bacon.
              4) Chicken thighs/legs/drumsticks in the oven.
              5) Soups -- chicken, marrow bones w/beef, etc.
              6) Slow cooker + roasts + veggies
              7) Veggie ideas -- oven roasted, steamed, sautéed.

It doesn't have to be fancy. I'm a grad student so I know how you feel. If you have your own kitchen, excellent. If not, let us know. We can help brainstorm.
              This is pretty much what I would say too, except I'm just a lowly undergrad.
              My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

diced meat, veg, and seasoning sauteed.
                egg salad, chicken salad, tuna salad etc
                frittata or quiche
                primal trail mix (i eat this as a meal, usually breakfast)
                soup/stew
                curries or stir fries
                salads (i like to use a base of baby spinach)
                traditional fry up (eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato, mushroom..)

Comment

Hello!

Check out everydaypaleo.com. Her recipes fit the easy, quick, economical bill.
                  "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

I do have a kitchen and thanks everyone.
                    Also, does everyone not usually eat much dairy? I have been slacking lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Celladebella View Post
                      Also, does everyone not usually eat much dairy?
                      I don't eat any dairy as I'm following a Candida program. If I were a student, I'd still not have dairy. I'd really have to think about what to eat...

Hamburgers, avocados, eggs, eggs, eggs, butter, coconut oil...

Comment

Working...
                      X