Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I make for dinner w/ Ground Pork?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I make for dinner w/ Ground Pork?

I've thawed a pound of ground pork and would like some easy suggestions for dinner. I loved the Gyozas and would love to make them but I want something that's quicker and does not need my close attention while it's cooking.

How about stuffing them in a bell pepper? I'm making that tonight, but with ground turkey!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Meatloaf. Sausage patties. Burgers.

Comment

I forgot to add, stuff them in a baked* red bell pepper... very sweet!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Look up the skinless gyozas recipe that won the Primal Challenge in August--they look great!

Comment

green chili --- maybe too late for dinner, but future reference perhaps.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

How about chili? Or, as suggested, burgers.

Comment

Meatballs! Lots and lots of spices, bake them like 20 mins, turn over, 20 mins. Yum! Ground pork mixed with ground beef is also really really good.

You are what you eat,
                and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Laab!

http://www.thaitable.com/Thai/recipes/Laab.htm

This costs $16 at my local Thai place ... I make twice as much for whatever the pork costs, really. Takes a whopping 10 minutes.

Comment

Hahaha, good thing I didn&#39;t end up cooking it last night- would have missed all these suggestions - will do tonight. Thanks for all the ideas.

@Diana and Hannah, what seasoning do you use for the patties and meatballs?

@SG: Green Chili sounds yummy, do you have a recipe Sir?

@ahhgr: That looks like tottaly my kind of recipe. I might end up making that tonight.

Comment

hmm...sage, fresh garlic, thyme, rosemary, jalapenos (or chili flakes if you don&#39;t have fresh peppers), black pepper, salt, an egg per pound of meat...I think that&#39;s about all I put in. I use generous portions because I like things spicey

You are what you eat,
                      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Ground pork? Ooooh. I just ground it up in a skillet like beef and eat it with a big spoon I love that stuff. It melts in your mouth. Hardly ever have to do anything with it.

Comment

@ahhgrr: I tried the Laab last night, it was sooo good. It&#39;s the fastest meat dish I&#39;ve ever made. I had all the ingredients on hand and it came together quickly. I think it&#39;ll make for a great appetizer for parties, if you serve it w/ some lettuce leaves and some almond-butter-based Satay Sauce - scoop some Laab on to a leaf and add some of the sauce, roll it up into a tiny parcel and eat it. This recipe is a keeper, thanks for sharing it. You should post it in the recipe section.

Comment

Awesome! Glad you liked it. It&#39;s one of my favorite meals as well, and once I saw how astoundingly simple it was, it became a staple meal (about 3 months ago).

It&#39;s good cool, too, BTW.

And I shall now go post the link in the recipe section...

Comment

I know this is a pork thread, but ...

I had some ground lamb to use up today. So I crumbled and fried the pound of it in a pan of leftover bacon grease and added some of the dry rib rub (sugarless, mostly cumin and chili powder) that I made a few days ago.

For breakfast, I topped some with a fried egg. For lunch, I&#39;m having it cold with hard boiled eggs.

This is highly recommended!

Comment

Working...
                              X