Seeking Online Primal Recipe Sources

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Online Primal Recipe Sources

Of course there is MDA (I have the Primal Blueprint Cookbook, too), and I've recently found Beef 4 Breakfast, Stuff I Make My Husband, and I'm a longtime fan of Girl Gone Primal.

I am a total foodie and I love to cook and love even more to experiment with new ideas (and I have a captive audience . . . erm . . . loving family . . . to experiment on).

Just trying to get as many ideas as I can. Especially stuff that does cool things with veggies so I don't have to make two separate meals for me and my vegetarians.

So yeah, I'm looking for primal (or even primal-ish) food blogs. Links will be greatly appreciated.

And hopefully in the near future (now that my wife has her new camera - meaning I now have my old camera back) I'll start posting some of my own recipes on my blog again.

Oh hi.

You've inspired me to add new recipes. Link to the blog below, my friend

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

"everyday paleo" is great as well as "I believe I can fry"

Comment

The Food Lovers Primal Palate is my favorite: The Food Lovers' Primal Palate

Comment

There's also Life as a Plate, Real Grubbin, Lighter Side of Low Carb.
          Visit my blog @ http://lowcarb.amethystangel.net - I am the Low Carb Princess

Currently madly in love with my Vitamix...

Comment

I was looking for the same thing, so I put together a portal with a list of all the sites I've found (ordered by rough popularity): Primal & Paleo Recipes

There's also a search and feed on that portal.

You can spend a long time browsing recipe sites, have fun and get ready for yummy meals!

Comment

I have a food blog, below.

Comment

I have been in stores lately thinking how we really need a magazine. The Vegans and Vegetarians have several. CW has a bazagajillion. Even the allergic to everything has one (Living Without) but it isnt specifically primal (gluten/dairy/egg free I think and it focuses a LOT on subs for those). Paleo/Primal/Caveman/Candidia need to team up and publish!
                MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Wow. I don't think I was expecting quite so many responses. Nice.

@ Diana Renata
                  I actually already had you blog linked in my regular Primal Blogs section. I think when I first came across your blog a year or so ago it must've been in-between recipe postings, because on my old blog I actually had you filed in with all my pagan links. (Either that or I clicked your About page before reading your posts).

I think at this point I'll probably just drop you in both lists.

My family will actually be swinging perilously close to you this July on our way up to Lake Michigan (from Virginia) - Sadly that will be two weeks before Boarfest 2011 (okay, I was going to link that page on your blog, but it keeps just giving me your main page in the address bar).

Comment

Originally posted by runnergal View Post
                    I have been in stores lately thinking how we really need a magazine. The Vegans and Vegetarians have several. CW has a bazagajillion. Even the allergic to everything has one (Living Without) but it isnt specifically primal (gluten/dairy/egg free I think and it focuses a LOT on subs for those). Paleo/Primal/Caveman/Candidia need to team up and publish!
                    What a great idea! I'm a writer/editor and would love to work on such a project.
                    “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Comment

Originally posted by runnergal View Post
                      You mean like Meatpaper? Former vegetarians turned meat eaters produce this tasty Frisco based rag. Here's an article on it's founders.

Comment

Yeah I sorta fall into both categories. It's half food stuff, have Pagan stuff, being the Kitchen Witch and all.

It's a bummer our timing is off. It would be awesome to have you at Boarfest! It's gonna be Groktastic. So looking forward to some quality chill time with other Primals. Seriously, the coolest people EVER.

By the way, have you tried this link? The Wilderness Childe: BoarFest I decided Boarfest was cool enough, it needed its own page. Maybe I should update the signature, huh? Thanks for reminding me of it.

Comment

Not really about recipes anymore

There are a lot of good recipes here: The Clothes Make The Girl: Dino-Chow/Paleo Recipe Roundup

The problem with a magazine is that they're heavily advertising-supported: people aren't generally willing to pay the amount of money it takes to print an entire magazine in color on glossy paper. Either the magazine has no advertisers and sells for $7/issue plus continual pleas for donations, or paleo sells out to Puritan's Pride ("Take Your Paleo Pills!") and Monsanto. (I don't think the producers of grass-fed beef have quite the advertising budget...) And let's not even get into the economics and waste of newsstand sales and returns...plus, do you really want to read all the news three months behind all the blogs?

I'm not trying to be a downer...just realistic about the economics.

Finally, I can write whatever the hell I want at gnolls.org, Mark can write whatever he wants here, Richard can write whatever he wants at FTA...and do you think any magazine would dare publish Stephan Guyenet, Chris Masterjohn, or Kurt Harris? Really?

Really it's one of those credibility tricks: people think that having a print magazine means you're credible. All it means is that your movement is sufficiently consumption-oriented to attract sponsors, or sufficiently idealistic to lose someone's money. The longer 'paleo' remains without advertising-supported media, the stronger and more genuine it will be.

In my opinion.

JS
                          www.gnolls.org

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                            By the way, have you tried this link? The Wilderness Childe: BoarFest I decided Boarfest was cool enough, it needed its own page. Maybe I should update the signature, huh? Thanks for reminding me of it.
                            Yeah, I was on that page yesterday - as well as on the post from last year's BoarFest - but as I surfed your blog, no matter what page or post I was on, my address window only showed the URL for your front page so I couldn't cut and paste a direct link to particular pages or posts. It's probably something in your blog settings.

Comment

Master list: Primal & Paleo Recipes
                              My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
                              My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Comment

Working...
                              X