Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite sweet potato dish??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite sweet potato dish??

I have fallen in love with sweet potatoes. Maybe it is just because I have loved and lost regular potatoes. But none the less I have been having a great time frolicking in sweet potato land. Here is my latest concoction.
    Back From Hawaii……sort of « The Cavewoman Cafe

What is your favorite way to prepare sweet potatoes?
    http://cavewomancafe.wordpress.com/sigpic

wow- that looks yummy! I don't eat very many sweet potatoes, but last night I had some and they were FABULOUS.

My favorite way to prepare them is to cut them into thin medallions and top with thinly sliced onions in a baking pan. Then drizzle the whole thing with olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt. Cover with foil and bake about 45 minutes. SOOOO good.
    http://primalyak.blogspot.com

Comment

I love them just roasted whole and topped with butter or coconut oil. Purple sweet potatoes are especially delicious with coconut oil (match made in heaven). I also like to mix in some dark chocolate and or almond butter if I have some on hand.

Comment

ohhhh, dark chocolate and almond butter?? I'll have to try that!

Comment

I love onions and sweet potatoes. What a great idea!

Comment

I cook the sweet potato, then mash it with butter. I may or may not add pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

My mouth is watering! I like to cut them into wedges, season and roast in the oven. Yum! My husband's favorite way is sweet potato chips/crisps -- thinly sliced on the mandolin, baked and tossed with sea salt and ACV.
              Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

I like to chop in little chunks, drizzle with a little melted butter, toss with salt, pepper and a little cinnamon and roast until soft & yummy.

Another favorite - I have a cheapo mandolin slicer. I slice the sweet potato super thin, lay it on a greased baking sheet (or line with foil & greased), brush with a little melted butter and sprinkle salt & pepper. Roast until browned & a little cripsy. DH could tons of these "chips." They are yummy!

Comment

I had been just roasting them and eating with buttah, but lately I've been cubing a sweet potato and a yam, and cooking in coconut oil with white onions. YUMMY!

I'm also looking into making some sweet potato chips with my dehydrator this weekend so i can have them with guacamole for a snack.

And there's my old favorite, sweet potato fries, perfect with homemade ketchup and a nice healthy burger patty with avocado!

And sweet potato hash browns with eggs and bacon!
                  sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

I never liked sweet potatoes until about 6 months ago. Now I can't get enough. My favorite way is cut into wedges, tossed with bacon drippings and garlic and roasted. Then serve with horseradish sauce, which is basically mayo, sour cream, horseradish a dash of salt and lemon juice.
                    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Originally posted by cavewoman cafe View Post
                      ohhhh, dark chocolate and almond butter?? I'll have to try that!
                      i do this too sometimes. i make a 'loaded' sweet potato with almonds, dark chocolate, and a bit of dried fruit if i have any on hand.

alternatively, fries baked in the oven and covered in a sprinkle of cayenne.
                      sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Sweet Potato boiled in coconut milk with lots of sri ranka "rooster" sauce

Comment

saute celery, onions, roasted poblano and/or red peppers, and parboiled diced sweet potato, serve with a side of crispy chorizo and poached eggs, top with hollandaise

it also goes great with most curries, just cube & boil/roast, and use in place of rice
                          Last edited by Chaohinon; 03-03-2011, 01:43 PM.
                          “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

wow all the ideas sound great. . . i need to go buy some sweet potatoes. usually i just buy the organic sweet potato fries (i sound so boring compared to the rest of you!)

Comment

I just made a chicken sweet potato curry with coconut milk the other night. And one of my favorite power breakfasts is grated sweet potato sauteed with bacon and onions, then scramble in 2 eggs, especially good if you're heading out for a long hike or ski.
                              The Paleo Periodical
                              It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X