Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by LEED3D View Post
    Wow, this looks amazing! Thank you - I will definitely be making this tonight. Never thought of making Meatza but I think this will definitely satisfy my occasional pizza cravings!
    It's amazing. I think you'll be impressed.
    Georgette

    Comment


    • #32
      Just chiming in, Meatza has been a favorite regular in my primal food list, easy to make and devilishly filling. Every grok-fan should try it out!

      Comment


      • #33
        I took leftovers of meatza to work today and even the carbaholics were drooling!!!! That's all they got, drool!
        Georgette

        Comment


        • #34
          Meatza seems to have come out perfect (I'll be eating it for lunch tomorrow). But I burned the sh!t out of my cauliflower crust while the guy was installing my new dryer. We're going out to eat tonight.

          Comment


          • #35
            Holy cow! I'm the Antihousewife, and this is the first thread where someone I don't even know is happy with one of my recipes! WOOT WOOT! I can't even tell you guys how good it feels to know people like my stuff. I know a lot of bloggers say "I'd do this even if no one read my blog" but I have to say, what makes it fun for me is knowing that people like my stuff! I checked the thread out because it showed on my blog's stats page.
            Now, I'm going to have to check out a cauliflower crust.... I've never done that before! Guess I need to be careful about burning it....
            "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

            -al'Lan Mandragoran
            "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

            Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by lady_daraine View Post
              Now, I'm going to have to check out a cauliflower crust.... I've never done that before! Guess I need to be careful about burning it....
              Nah, you'll probably be okay. Burning food is just something that seems to come as naturally to me as it did to my mother. Must be a genetics thing. Though, if you do try it, definitely use the parchment paper underneath. I don't know that I'd have been able to salvage the pan otherwise.

              The meatza - once I finally got to eat it - was delicious, but verrrrry filling. Seriously, I had one good sized piece and had to stop myself (which was a weird sensation for me, since pizza is something I used to pretty much eat non stop).

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by lady_daraine View Post
                Holy cow! I'm the Antihousewife, and this is the first thread where someone I don't even know is happy with one of my recipes! WOOT WOOT! I can't even tell you guys how good it feels to know people like my stuff. I know a lot of bloggers say "I'd do this even if no one read my blog" but I have to say, what makes it fun for me is knowing that people like my stuff! I checked the thread out because it showed on my blog's stats page.
                Now, I'm going to have to check out a cauliflower crust.... I've never done that before! Guess I need to be careful about burning it....
                Stick with the meatza. Yes, I used your recipe and it totally rocks!!!! I didn't have any parsley on hand and I used basil. I also added a pound of sausage to it and it made 2. I'm thinking about making a taco meatza and also making one using grounding chicken, topping with homemade ranch dressing, jalapenos, tomatoes and bacon. I'm going to make like 4-5 bases and freeze them for use during the week. My kids said this was the best ever!!!
                Georgette

                Comment


                • #38
                  A chicken base would make a good start for a white pizza or an Alfredo sauce pizza. If you do the Alfredo, try spinach, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and mozzarella. You could also add some chopped kalamata olives. It's some really good stuff...
                  Oh, and you cook them all the way, slice and freeze individually in a food sealer bag, they last a really long time and make a really easy lazy meal for when you don't feel like cooking.
                  "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

                  -al'Lan Mandragoran
                  "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

                  Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    This is our default recipe. We make it once a week, at least.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Antihousewife, I made your meatza on Fri night! Got a stamp of approval from DH and from DD. However, next time I will have to figure out how to get the meat 'thinner'. I think I will try my rolling pin, and cover the meat with plastic wrap before rolling it out.

                      Georgette, the taco meatza sounds like a good idea! I am thinking topping it with salsa, and then cheddar cheese. Maybe some diced avocado after it is done cooking? Hmm.....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
                        Georgette, the taco meatza sounds like a good idea! I am thinking topping it with salsa, and then cheddar cheese. Maybe some diced avocado after it is done cooking? Hmm.....
                        What I plan on doing is mixing in some cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, oregano, S&P and some red pepper flakes. Topping with either taco sauce or salsa and cheddar cheese. When it comes out, adding shredded lettuce, diced tomato and maybe some avocado. Also sour cream for those that want it.
                        Georgette

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by erica057 View Post
                          I've made it, pic and recipe here: http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot....02/meatza.html

                          My husband LOVES it with sausage-type seasonings because then it tastes just like a sausage pizza. Basically Italian herbs, fennel seed, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.

                          Is your husband from the Chicago area? The reason i ask is the ingredients you listed sounded like main staples of mine as I was groing up. I lived outside of Chicago....Mmmm.....homecookin'!
                          If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                          James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by nachobrawler View Post
                            Is your husband from the Chicago area? The reason i ask is the ingredients you listed sounded like main staples of mine as I was groing up. I lived outside of Chicago....Mmmm.....homecookin'!
                            And 'growing' is spelled as such. Stupid compueterrr kieweboered!!!
                            If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                            James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by nachobrawler View Post
                              Is your husband from the Chicago area? The reason i ask is the ingredients you listed sounded like main staples of mine as I was groing up. I lived outside of Chicago....Mmmm.....homecookin'!
                              Dunno about Erica's husband, but I made the meatza with her seasoning suggestions last week. It was awesome. Just like Lino's sausage pizza (my fave growing up outside of Chicago). Will be making that again!
                              Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by nachobrawler View Post
                                Is your husband from the Chicago area? The reason i ask is the ingredients you listed sounded like main staples of mine as I was groing up. I lived outside of Chicago....Mmmm.....homecookin'!
                                Yes, he is! Good catch
                                My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
                                My primal success story

                                "Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X