No announcement yet.

Need suggestions for Primalish Desserts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have made the chocolate chip cookies and thought they were great. I used agave nectar. My husband couldn't even tell the difference! I know Elana is very specific about the almond flour that is used, and says only blanched works correctly for the recipes.

Comment

This looks so good! Primal strawberry pie:

http://thisprimallife.com/2009/06/st...-a-primal-pie/

Comment

She's very specific about a lot of things. I was browsing around on her blog and some people ask her questions on appropriate substitutes for things like Agave which I don't use either. Not only she doesn't think it's possible to substitute Agave, but she doesn't even think you can substitute regular salt for Celtic Salt as it calls for in her recipes.

Comment

i just made this tonight: HOLY FUDGY GOODNESS LOVE.

30 grams cashews, 80 grams dates, 5 grams (1T) dark cocoa powder. Blend in food processor, add a splash of water

i used 6 cashews (all i had lol), 4 medjool dates and 1tbsp extra dark cocoa. it made 5 "swedish meatball" sized fudgies. they are now gone ha. so tasty, my husband and i want more asap!

*tip i used a sandwich bag to shape them into balls because it's very sticky from the dates!

Comment

I love to make this for my kids. It's not even a cheat!

Peel a few apples (about 3/4-1 apple per person) and slice, place in baking dish. Add a food large dollops of pasture butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake @350 till the apples are soft. REALLY yummy. Same thing works great with frozen blueberries and probably lots of other fruit.

Snack on the apple skins while you wait for it to bake

PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

Was reading an online article about simple holiday dishes and one of the desert suggestions would totally work:

Bittersweet chocolate tartlets in coconut cups

Mix 2 egg whites with 2 cups of shredded coconut and press into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes and let cool. Fill the cooled cups with a chocolate ganache - heat cup whippingcream and pour over 8 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate and stir until silky smooth. Pour into tart shells and allow to cool and harden

I'm definitely going to try this out!

Comment

Szychan, I'm so making those tartlets, they sound divine.

Paleomom, I was almost going to make that last night but didn't want to wait! I bet those berries would taste great w/ primal pancakes/waffles.

Misathemeb, that used to be my quick sugar-fix pre-primal. I used almonds though, sans cocoa. I would also add cardamom seeds for extra flavor. I'll have to try your version, but after the nut fast is over

Comment

@maba lol yes after your nut fast. but the good news is it's ONLY 6 cashews which is hardly a splurge but i won't tempt you anymore

Comment

Update on Bittersweet chocolate tartlets in coconut cups. I made them tonight for a few friends I was having over for dinner (served them coconut chicken curry on cauliflower rice that they really liked). I made 11 using semi-sweet chocolate for them and then one using Lindt 85% chocolate, both with coconut cream scooped from coconut milk. The semi-sweet chocolate were perfect and a hit, but the Lindt one didn't mix well with the coconut cream and was paste-like. Otherwise, I think it's a great desert that you can individualize for yourself and any guests you have!

Comment

Hi Maba, I use to make this flourless cake that was really thin and you would use fresh whipping cream, then roll it up. You could take fresh strawberries and puree them a bit and spread on the inside with some Mascarpone*cheese. If you would like I can send you the recipe through Facebook. (Gigi)

Comment

Triple Berry Coconut Cake: This looks so good - agave nectar can be subbed with something more Primal.

http://www.simplysugarandglutenfree.com/triple-berry-coconut-cake-slightly-indulgent-mondays/

Gigi: yes please, thanks much. That sounds delicious. Mascarpone is like the cheese-equivalent of bacon, makes any dish it's added to better.

Comment

gigi i would love that recipe.. reminds me of swiss cake rolls!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Me too gigi!!! Please post the recipe! <3

The more I see the less I know for sure.
                            -John Lennon

Comment

Ooh I just envisioned that flat flourless chocolate cake on a jelly roll pan, then rolled up with pureed berries (cooked down a bit so they&#39;re a little jam like) and whipped cream of some sort...I should not be looking at this thread while hungry!

Oh and please post your recipe gigi, I&#39;m going to need that ASAP!!!

You are what you eat,
                              and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

I can&#39;t believe I found a recipe for a flourless version of one my favorite desserts, Tiramisu! Here&#39;s the Oopsie Roll Tiramisu:

http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2008/02/oopsie-roll-almost-tiramisu.html

Cleochatra has a lot of good recipes.

Comment

Working...
                                X