No announcement yet.

After a bit of cooking advice with organ meats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love lambs liver too, I just flash fry it so it's pink in the middle, I'll then deglaze the pan with some cream and it's yummy. Unfortunately I am the only one in my household who will eat organ meat, in fact I have a beef heart at home in the fridge for tonight's dinner, the other half has mince, I may combine the two and see if he notices
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

When I bake macaroni, I usually add chicken liver and gizzard (heart included), bell pepper and bacon. Kids love it!

Comment

I believe the heart contains a lot of CoQ10 and some other fancy stuff like that. So it's definitely not the same as muscle meat.

Looks like Mark has a blog topic about organ meats.
        Organ Meats | Mark's Daily Apple
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          I believe the heart contains a lot of CoQ10 and some other fancy stuff like that. So it's definitely not the same as muscle meat.
          sbhikes is right (as usual). I think taurine is a factor as well.

Comment

Working...
          X