No announcement yet.

A Very Primal Thanksgiving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the ability to buy one, since my raw milk farmer has them available for pre-order, but my cousins always prepare a 'traditional' one, so I don't bother spending the $75 - $100 it would cost for the free-range one.

Comment

Just signed up for a pastured turkey! My wonderful mother agreed to pay for it (very expensive--I had no idea!) as long as I do all the cooking She won't even have any because she's a vegetarian. She is that cool.

Granted, I'm totally nervous now because I've never cooked a turkey in my life and am now in charge of impressing everyone with my magical, costly pastured turkey :/

Comment

Ohhhh pastured turkey! I'll have to find one of those.

Are you getting it locally, primalpanda, or are you ordering from online somewhere?

Comment

Looks like you can get a pastured turkey from Tropical Traditions.

Comment

Ecala, I'm getting it from a local farm. Glad you located a place to get one!

Looks like I'm adding pumpkin pots de creme to the menu. I was thinking "a little pumpkin mousse thing would be good" and it turns out my bf's mom has a delicious recipe for just that. Yum.

Comment

i plan to hold a family thanksgiving party. and in the party i will do something innoative to warm the atmosphere up. Make a family dvd slideshow as background for the party.

http://powerpoint-dvd-presentation.b...ng-family.html

Comment

I still can't get my family to go for a pastured turkey. Getting a few Primal sides will be a victory for me.

I'm going to take a few dishes of my own, including a REAL minced meat pie, Primal-style, made with REAL meat.

Comment

Would anyone mind posting some recipes?? All of these ideas sound delicious! :P

My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
                  *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*

Comment

Hey Mark, SPAM from charlenequ.

Just wanted to point it out.

Pastured turkey would be awesome, but I'm going to have to wait until I'm a bit richer. haha. I can handle buying grass-fed meat for my husband and I to eat a little at a time... but when you buy a 20 pound bird for Thanksgiving, it often is eaten and leaves as leftovers in your guests' "doggie bags" and I can't afford to be that generous at the moment.

Last year when we hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house, we spent over $100 on groceries just for that day. It was ridiculous.

I'm SO glad a friend offered to host this year, and someone else will be making the turkey. I'll make a few primal sides, maybe a primal dessert, and life will be good!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X