Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for Dinner Tonight?

What're you making for dinner tonight?

I've got a crustless quiche in the oven - this time, spinach, chicken, and cream cheese with pine nuts.

I am also making a pumpkin thing for dessert, with homemade whipped cream. Yum-o.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Bison chili. Yum.

Comment

I was planning to make cauli-rice and egg curry. But I've run out of eggs, and it's too late now, we're eating out. If I pick them up on my way back, I'll make quiche tomorrow.

Comment

What's egg curry? What kind of quiche will you make tomorrow? Quiche is one of my favorite things... so versatile!

Geoff is that beanless chili? My husband loves chili, but I hate beans so I've never made it... and since beans are non-primal, I figure now I have a "legitimate excuse" to give him for making beanless... haha.

Just took my pumpkin thing out of the oven and it looks great! Yay! (no recipe, just threw stuff together)

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Prawn Curry with Coconut Milk...

Comment

oh yum!

Comment

Baked sole fillets

Salad with romaine, purple onion, avocado, tomato

Peach

(it's fall here in CO which means tomatoes and peaches are in season!)

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

A turkey drumstick and thigh, roasted, with skin.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Holy YUM barbey. Nothing on the side? Man, I want a turkey leg w/crispy skin right now... and I just ate.

AmyMac, fresh peaches are amazing. Sounds great!

Comment

scallops in butter and fresh green beans. yummo!

Comment

LOL, FlyNavy. Nope, nothing on the side. I was planning to roast some brussels sprouts and onions, but the turkey was plenty so I didn't bother.

Must say I, too, envy those fresh peaches, though!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

FNW, Egg Curry is just like any other curry (chicken, lamb etc) but with boiled eggs instead of the meat. I usually make it with ground coconut and spices. As for the quiche, depends on what veggies I get. Last time I made it with spinach and colored bell-pepper and some raw swiss cheese. I usually make it w/o meat or bacon so my husband can eat too. I'd love to make one of those French-style quiches, you know, the kind with veggies so artfully placed on top and baked. I think I'd like to make a feta-olive Greek-style quiche too.

Comment

Roasted pork belly

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
                          Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
                          Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

Chicken wings baked in a sauce of butter/paprika/chili flakes/thyme/garlic/salt...yum!! That was it

You are what you eat,
                            and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

I had a steak tonight. And a glass of milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X