• Show
Clear All

• Skinless Gyozas with Dipping Sauce

Skinless Gyoza

1 lb ground pork

3-4 stalks of scallions, chopped

3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped

1 tbsp chopped ginger

head cabbage, chopped (the finer the better)

Jalapeno (optional, use as many or as few to your liking)

You can also add any other fresh vegetable chopped to gyozas

2 tbsp tamari wheat free soy sauce

2 tbsp sesame oil

After chopping all ingredients, set aside 1 tsp of scallions, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno for dipping sauce (see below)

Hand mix pork, scallions, garlic, ginger, cabbage, and jalapeno with soy sauce and sesame oil

Form oval, gyoza shapes with meat mixture and set aside

Using olive oil as needed in heated pan, cook gyozas for 2 minutes on each side (or until thoroughly cooked)

Makes about 40 to 50 gyozas (depending on how big you form the gyozas, I use about 1tbsp 1 tbsp pieces,.. I guess my hands are small)

Dipping Sauce

1 tbsp tamari wheat free soy sauce

1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

1 tbsp water

1 tsp each of garlic, scallions, ginger, jalapeno (save from above already chopped)

Mix all ingredients together

Enjoy with above gyozas

Thanks much!

Comment

oh yippe in Print!!! thank you!

I have a hard time writing it all down while watching the video! thanks I want to try these soon xoxo Darlene

Comment

I made these for dinner, they were simply amazing!! I made the first batch with bacon grease...delicioso!! The subsequent batches were made with CO, I think I'll stick to EVOO in the future. I replaced the balsamic vinegar with rice wine vinegar in the dipping sauce. Thanks for this keeper of a recipe Chunster!

Comment

does the dipping sauce make enough for all them gyoza's or should I make extra?

xoxo Darlene

Comment

Darlene, I don't think I measured 1 T of all the ingredients when making the dipping sauce, I just eyeballed the amount, probably close to 2 T each but I have lots of sauce left.

Comment

ok cool gonna make them this weekend...can't tell my family they are pork though lol

or they all go ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

crazy non primals..............xoxo Darlene

Comment

I made them AFTER dinner last night and I still ended up eating 15 of them!!! Btw, I got 47 small gyozas for a pound of pork and 1/2 lb of cabbage.

Comment

I made a variation of this. I did follow the recipe, did not put in the jalepeno because I did not have it, so I put a generous teaspoon of chili pepper sauce. I then just browned this whole mixture in olive oil. I also steamed some broccoli on the side and when they were done, I tossed them into the same skillet. It was delicious and a fairly quick, one skillet meal.

This is a keeper recipe!

Comment

Has anyone besides maba fried these in coconut oil or bacon grease? How does it compare to olive oil?

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
                    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

I made these the other night, and they were SO tasty!!! I baked them because it was way less work then frying them! lol We wrapped them in lettuce leaves and dipped them in ginger sauce. mmmmmm My toddlers loved them (no jalapenos for them)

The next day for breakfast we fried the leftover uncooked meat mixture in sausage patty shapes in bacon grease and served with an egg on top of each patty.

@ Annika, they were divine in the bacon grease, give it a try!!!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
                      -John Lennon

Comment

Well, I just answered my own question! I'm impatient, I guess. The first time I made these we used olive oil, and tonight we used coconut oil. I was a little worried that the coconut flavor would overwhelm the other ingredients, but I didn't even taste it. I think it was an improvement over the EVOO. I stole Helen's broccoli idea: steam broccoli, then quickly toss in the gyoza pan for flavor. Yum!

I use bacon grease a lot for pan frying. Maybe next time I make gyozas I'll try it!

Thanks for an awesome recipe, Chunster!

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
                        On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

I'm making these tonight again, can't wait. Just thought I'll bump this thread in case some of the new members haven't seen this recipe.

Comment

Oh, yes, this has become a stand-by recipe in our household. Terrific!

Comment

Thanks for bumping this. Sounds delicious!

Comment

Working...
                              X