Clear All

• COCONUT BREAD

COCONUT BREAD

Ingredients:

3/4 cup coconut flour, 2 3/4 ounces or 80 grams

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

6 eggs

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, 4 ounces (I used Palm Oil)

2 tablespoons granular Sweetener, honey, or other

Sift the first 3 ingredients into a small bowl; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients well. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth with no lumps. It will look a bit like cornbread batter. Spread in a greased 8x4" loaf pan and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.

Makes 12 servings

Can be frozen

* I used 2 tbsp of Erythritol here & Tropical Traditions Palm Kernal Oil, so here's Nutrition Data's analysis, per serving:

Cals 171, Fat 10g, (Sat 8g), Sodium 159mg, Carbs 5g, Protein 3g.

Made this a couple of days ago and it has the texture of a pound cake. Very delish w/ some Palm Oil (which is a creamy/ buttery consistency at room temp) mixed with a bit of salt.

I eat it with soup and replaces that feeling of "I need bread to go with this".

If you like cornbread, this hits the spot!!

that is close to the recipe I use. I just found another one that also has almond flour in it, I am gonna try this weekend. I wonder if you could do French toast with it?

I use Tropical Traditions coconut oil with mine

do you think the palm oil really makes a difference?

thank you for including the carbs!! xoox Darlene

Comment

Darlene,

I usually use Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil, but just got a superb deal on their Palm Oil with free shipping and a buy one, get the second gallon free!!

The reason I did that, was in my research, it has a higher-heat/ smoke point, so I resolved to use it in my frying & baking, whereas I will still get the Coconut Oil for other, lower-temp uses.

It's a wonderful fluffy texture at room temp, like whipped butter, so no need to melt and I noticed that it's almost all MUFAs instead of PUFA to MUFA like coconut oil, so I thought it'd help even out my Omega 3's fat consumption levels with my high PUFA levels (too broke to consistently purchase grass-fed/ pasture-raised meat just yet).

Comment

Thanks Sassa, that's an awesome recipe! For once I have all the ingredients, got some coconut flour from WF yesterday. Can't wait to try after I return from my trip this weekend.

Btw, that's a great family pic you posted, I'm sure you had lots of fun.

Comment

Thanks, and it was great to get together the other day! Hope work is not TOO awful after vacation!

Are you using this bread for school lunches?

I decided I'm going to try a bread recipe each time until we find a favorite, so I'll put this next on my list. Last two times I did ones from elanaspantry.com

Cheers!

Wendy

Comment

Hi Wendy! I'm glad we got together too. I mentioned to Darlene about a possible Primal wine & appetizer get-together with all of us 'locals' :-D

Work has been a piece of cake! (Primal cake, he, he!).

It was more like a 'pound cake' texture, so it could be close to a 'sweet bread'. I am still going to find the ingredients I need to make the "Quick White Bread" (http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AS...rZjV4Y3o&hl=en), to see if it works for my son's school lunches. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one!!!

Comment

oh yep primal wine and drinks yum

wish their was primal margarita's

not too big on wine , I think I am allergic lol xoxo Darlene

Comment

oh I am gonna try that white bread soon! I need to get some plain protien powder first. xoox Darlene

Comment

thanks for posting this recipe. looks good.

yes, i agree we need to figure out a primal margarita recipe also!

Comment

oh yep for sure!

I have one but it uses naughty naughty splenda!

I find that the coconut bread comes out the very best if you let all the ingrediants get to room temp

before mixing it! xoox Darlene

Comment

Wow, that sounds awesome! Yum-o...

I just ordered 5 pounds of coconut flour (and that coconut flour cookbook) ... so excited!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I just made this with xylitol for the sugar and butter. It reminded me of cornbread, so I put some (more) butter on top and a dash of honey.

Great recipe!

Comment

Sassa, I made this last night, I omitted the sweetener though and used CO in stead of butter. It turned out great! The texture and the color are just like pound cake. If only I'd added some sweetener and almond essence. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I'll try an Indian-style savory bread next with this recipe - add chopped green chilis, cumin, grated carrots etc. Does it toast well in a toaster?

Comment

Could someone please repost that Quick White Bread recipe? I can't view the web-site (I'm at work)

I'll have to try that first recipe. Sounds pretty good and I looooove corn bread.

Has anyone tried making bread with Flaxseed meal? I tried it couple of weeks ago and the only way I would eat it was if it was toasted. It had a really slimy texture

Comment

Quick White Bread

Ingredients:

3/4 cup whey protein powder

1/8 cup "Just Whites" (egg white powder)

1 Tablespoon baking powder

1 pkt Splenda

(If using Vanilla whey to make a sweet vanilla bread, add 3 pkts.)

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup heavy cream

3 large eggs

1/8 cup water

3 Tablespoon olive oil or sweet almond oil

Preheat oven to 400F. Oil a Pyrex loaf pan and set aside.

Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl.

Mix all liquid ingredients in large bowl; then add dry ingredients and mix with hand mixer for one minute. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

This bread slices like regular bread.

Makes 1 loaf. Entire loaf is 23 net carbs. Slice into 8 thick slices for appox. 3 net carbs per slice.

Comment

Working...
                              X