No announcement yet.

I'm in love!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Guacamole! Saute garlic in butter, add to pureed avocados, add lime juice, salt, pepper & other spices.

I was eating mine with sweet potato spears, but I like the zucchini and squash chips idea better!

Comment

I think I shouldn't have read that while I was hungry. I can't wait to get paid tomorrow so I can buy some FOOD. I'm gonna have 7 kinds of dips in my house now- lol.

Comment

Oooh, SassaFrass good idea! I've never managed to add more fat to my guacamole before, but that's awesome.

There will definitely be butter in my next batch.

By the way, if anyone is lazy, a good, fresh (refrigerated section) salsa plus avocado makes a really fast guacamole. My bf and I are addicted to Santa Barbera salsas (I'm 90% certain they don't add anything evil).

Comment

can anyone tell me how to make the Kale chips? These ideas on this post sound awesome. I really need something to get me away from eating all these pork rinds!!!

Comment

I'm loving the zucchini ideas, and I just got a dehydrator so I'll be making zucchini chips and zucchini lasagna now! Thanks, great idea

Comment

How thick should the zucchini be sliced?
              For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DaveFish View Post
                Do you use any seasoning on them? I tried the Kale chip recipe. They were OK the first day but were really bad the next day. I don't think they were dry enough when they went into the container.
                Try storing them uncovered. Mine stay crispy for a week, just kept in an uncovered bowl in a cupboard.
                Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Ok, for zucchini chips, you should slice them a half inch thick, otherwise they get brittle.

Kale chips are easy. Break kale into chip-size pieces, coat with olive oil, and gently toast in the oven on a baking sheet til nice n' crispy.

Comment

Thank you Diana for this idea! I finally got around to making these (CSA zukes taking over)
                    What an intense flavour! I'm gonna advertise for unwanted zucchini ;p

Comment

How much did yours shrivel up? Mine seems to losoe a lot of moisture but they were still very tasty (see photos in post). I did slice them pretty thin though.
                      http://lowcarbnorthwest.com/?p=246

Comment

@ Marisa - Diana said she sliced hers about 1/2in thick. I got out a ruler & decided to do ~ 1/4in slices. I have a cheap-o dehydrator so I have to flip, shuffle, & rotate whatever I'm working with, but they came out nice. My 1st attempt I tried doing thinner slices & ended up with squash "tissue paper" stuck to the trays. they will shrink quite a bit as you are removing all the moisture! I started with 4 squash & have 1qt zip bag of chips.

Comment

I made a bunch of zucchini chips also, they are so good! I've tried them with salsa, guacamole, and spinach artichoke dip. Havn't tried nacho cheese yet, have to make some up

Comment

Um, I made some of these this morning.

I think I need bigger zucchini, my chips are the size of a penny.
                            (not going to stop me from dipping them in guac though!)

Thanks for the recipe!

Sometimes I just miss having something crunchy to eat!
                            It isn't that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better."
                            ~~Sir Francis Drake

Comment

Working...
                            X