Primal Coconut "Crack" Creamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Coconut "Crack" Creamer

OMG! I can't find the original post where I found the link to the recipe...but DAMN! I Could drink this by itself w/o coffee!

http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/...e-creamer.html

As I am slowly eliminating things...I finally grabbed my ovaries and decided to whip this up. my first cup of coffee was w/my usual goats milk...my second was with the the Coconut Creamer... Heaven. I will say I cheated a bit and added some (a TBS to be exact) of my organic caramel coffee syrup. I want another cup of coffee just so I can have this!!! If you haven't tired it its a GREAT replacement for creamer or goatsmilk... I think I can easily give up my goats milk for this stuff!!!!!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

That sounds wonderful!

Comment

Yum. I generally use almond milk in my morning coffee, but sometimes I want something rich and sinful in my tea at night, for dessert. This sounds like a hit!
      junebu8's journ@l

Comment

I'm on my second batch. The first batch was a disaster--I used coconut milk that had been in the fridge, and the whole mixture congealed into this beige lump of slushy goo, which then went completely solid again in the fridge....looked disgusting but tasted good. So I made a second batch yesterday using room temperature milk and it was perfect.
        Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
        Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

I tried making this and it turned out really liquid and not very creamy. Are you supposed to dump the water from the top of the coconut milk can first?
          * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
          Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Comment

IDK.. I dumped the whole can in...it wasn't very "whip" like - but then again I used my Vitamix Blender instead of my hand mixer with the beater attachment - as far as I'm concerned ...I RDC if it isn't whip like...it works well as it is....but that's me

SW 190lb
            25 Sep 2011 160lbs
            1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
            GW ~135lbs
            5'3"
            Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

Comment

My second batch never went peaky like whipped cream, but it's definitely a little airy. I tipped the whole can in (full fat coconut milk) and I melted the oil slightly.
              Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
              Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

It makes me giddy that this is working for so many others! Thanks for sharing it Shijin13!

It definitely thickens up after a few hours in the fridge, and I just added that bit of info to the post, so hopefully that will help anyone else that makes it. (And apologies to those that had to figure it out the hard way!)

I have tried a few variations with different extracts, almond, orange, etc and they all seem to work well. But if you add too much, the alcohol seems to keep the creamer from thickening. I also tried one batch with two eggs instead of one...yuk. That didn't work.

I think Liz makes the most important point, to have your ingredients at room temp for the best results.

Now I'm off to try a "coconut cheese" recipe. Has anyone had success with that?
                www.chowstalker.com We don't do cupcakes.
                www.desserrtstalker.com We still don't do cupcakes.
                http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/

Comment

wow, looks awesome!! i wonder if, instead of melted coconut oil, if you added a bit of super dark chocolate melted with the coconut oil to make a chocolate whipped "cream"...
                  my primal journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                    wow, looks awesome!! i wonder if, instead of melted coconut oil, if you added a bit of super dark chocolate melted with the coconut oil to make a chocolate whipped "cream"...
                    ..... Off to try that now
                    My Journal

Comment

I made this.....

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                      with a coupla squares of Lindt 85%, Saoirse I think you may have inadvertantly come up with the most amazing primal chocolate mousse recipe. After a few hours in the fridge I went to make a coffee with it (still very nice, a bit mocha like but not ott) and then had a spoonful on its own, then another and then another... It is amazing!!!
                      My Journal

Comment

This turned out super runny for me...seemed even runnier than my plain coconut milk? Maybe I need to play with the proportions, and of course add the chocolate!

Comment

I just made another batch, and made a couple of observations:
                          I accidentally used a light coconut milk (which I had accidentally bought in the first place!)
                          I made up the difference in fat content with extra coconut oil. I think the end result is runnier than the full fat version, but it's not chilled yet.

I took a small batch of it and mixed it with 85% chocolate per NourishedEm's precedence. If the original creamer was crack, this may be Primal Coconut Chocolate Heroin Creamer.
                          Liz.

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
                            I just made another batch, and made a couple of observations:
                            I accidentally used a light coconut milk (which I had accidentally bought in the first place!)
                            I made up the difference in fat content with extra coconut oil. I think the end result is runnier than the full fat version, but it's not chilled yet.

I took a small batch of it and mixed it with 85% chocolate per NourishedEm's precedence. If the original creamer was crack, this may be Primal Coconut Chocolate Heroin Creamer.
                            Now, I am actually scared to make this...I might end up needing intervention or something!!
                            www.chowstalker.com We don't do cupcakes.
                            www.desserrtstalker.com We still don't do cupcakes.
                            http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/

Comment

OH.... gonna have to try this... I have some dagoba cacao powder... Going to have to "whip up" some! I'm thinking you could substitute this in a cheese cake... especially w/the chocolate!

SW 190lb
                              25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                              1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                              GW ~135lbs
                              5'3"

Comment

Working...
                              X