Primal Coconut "Crack" Creamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeilaMiah View Post
    Mine turned out very egg-y tasting. RAW egg-y tasting. I used a whole egg, FF coconut milk and 2T coconut oil. It did thicken up in the fridge to almost heavy cream thick... but just egg-y.
    I've never tried it with fat free coconut milk, so I'm wondering if that might be why the egg flavor dominated?
    www.chowstalker.com We don't do cupcakes.
    www.desserrtstalker.com We still don't do cupcakes.
    http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mine for some reason didn't thicken - I used 2/3 can of Native Forest coconut milk, along with the other ingredients. I just used the last of it today, and will make more tonight. Maybe I didn't blend it long enough?

Comment

I use Thai Kitchen coconut milk which is solid in the can at room temp and it thickens up well. I tried another brand that was liquid at room temp and it stayed liquid in the refrigerator.
        "Wait! I'll fix it!"
        "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
        "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

Originally posted by FMN View Post
          I've never tried it with fat free coconut milk, so I'm wondering if that might be why the egg flavor dominated?
          Sorry. FF was Full Fat. I keep forgetting that FF usually means fat free.

I think I just have a very sensitive tongue to egg.
          If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

Comment

Bumping this thread to ask if anyone has tried it in iced coffee?
            My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
            My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Comment

I want to try this! Does it make a large batch? I'm afraid it will spoil before I use it...

Comment

I tried this... I don't like it very much... it turned out runny and tasted eggy, at least for me (and I followed that darn recipe to the letter, too!) I'll just put regular coconut milk into my coffee. It tastes better.

Comment

Bulletproof coffee with butter beats this stuff by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                    Bulletproof coffee with butter beats this stuff by a mile.
                    I'm extremely new to primal and I'd like to try this, but I can't get over the fear that its going to make me put on weight!

Comment

I made this and it formed a nice thick mousse.

Comment

Working...
                      X