Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football Draft Snack Suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football Draft Snack Suggestions?

Okay, this is going to be a little tough. I'm having several friends over for our draft on Sunday of Labor Day weekend, and I need to come up with some yummy Primal snacks that don't "seem" Primal or over-the-top nutritious. I want to be able to wow these guys with some awesome, tastey snacks that are Primal, but don't want them to realize they are getting healthy snacks.

Does that make sense? Most of these guys aren't into fitness and nutrition, but I'm sure the topic will come up because they all know that I'm into it and I haven't seen most of them in a while. I want to be able to say...."You know that awesome snack you're eating right now? That's Primal!" to maybe open some eyes and try to shed the misconception that this is some crazy, cult diet.

I'm struggling to find "football" kind of Primal snacks, so please fire away with some of your recipes for yummy snacks that I can try out on this bunch!

chicken wings

nuts

teriyaki steak skewers (make with tamari and no sugar)

BBQ ribs

bacon wrapped just about anything, scallops, hot peppers, whatever you can find in the kitchen

deviled eggs.

that's all I got for now, but I'm sure there are 100s more

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Pork rinds, cream cheese and homemade salsa -- great for the potato chip munchers. Or bacon-wrapped jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese. Sensing a theme? And if you need a non-fruity snack with all that testosterone flying around, you can't go wrong with Son of Grok's Dinosaur Droppings (*). Every guy has an inner boy that giggles at poo jokes!

* http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/02/rec...l-fudge-balls/

Comment

Ooooh! Those are some great suggestions! Thanks, grandma!

Comment

Nice, frogfarm! This is good stuff. I knew folks here would be able to help! Keep 'em coming!

Comment

shrimp with cocktail sauce.

jicama sticks with salsa, not sure if jicama is in season right now.

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/alter...iment-recipes/ this will be helpful

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

meatballs!

Comment

I wish I could find it right now, But someone posted this link in other forum post:

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

It's just about perfect for this event don't you think?? haha

Comment

Shelley, whose Garlicky Zucchini Fritters, were featured on MDA y'day has some great recipes on her blog. She had a "Deviled Eggs from around the world" recipe that would be a perfect party-pleaser. Let me find her blog.

Here you go:

http://thisprimallife.com/

Comment

Oh, my!! That Bacon Explosion looks fantastic! maba, I like the idea of deviled eggs as well....I'll probably go with those too! Thanks, folks!

Comment

Did someone say, "Guacamole" yet???

Men have fallen in love with me for making fresh Guac.

Comment

Priceless: Following up the guac with a dessert of chocolate pudding, and for the life of them nobody can guess that it's also made from avocado

Comment

Some other options that haven't been posted yet:

a big crab, shrimp, or crawfish boil

jerky (just make sure it's clean meat)

chili (w/o beans of course)

watermelon

Comment

Giant turkey drumsticks! I just bought some today at our local natural foods store. These particular ones came precooked/smoked but I have done them from raw before. I usually parboil them in a mix of spices, garlic (used to add in beer but you could do without that or use fresh-squeezed juice for some extra flavor). When they come out of the parboil, rub them with more spices and wrap overnight. Then the next day, grill and brush with a PB-style sauce as you grill (just to get some grill marks and color). I made a sauce for pork chops last night that would be pretty good: rough chopped peach and apple, put in a pot with some water, balsamic vinegar, cider vinegar, spices, garlic, onion. cook until soft. Then blend with immersion blender. You could do most any fruit you have on hand, though, or go with a tomato-based, no-sugar option.

Comment

Working...
                              X