Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon Explosion

Heaven...

It could easily be turned into 100% primal.

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/a5pvvq">

</a>

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Ummm...Serial?

Even for me, this looks like maybe just a bit much.

Of course, I already HAD dinner ;-)

Comment

It looks delicious!

Comment

I am trying to work it out. I can get nitrate-free bacon and artisan sausages, and the sauce could be just tomato. Or maybe a completely different dressing.

I&#39;m all over that thing.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
        "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Have you seen the one where the bacon is laid out in strips and interwoven? Mama mia!

Comment

I can&#39;t find the link right now, but I saw a bacon wrapped pork loin that was slow grilled. oh baby!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Yeah it looks great. http://thisiswhyyourefat.com has some good food ideas.

I would just skip the sauce and have it all meat.

halloweenbinge> I think you are thinking of the same thing. The pic is one of the intermediate steps.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
              • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
              • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

I&#39;ve made it, both that way and with a pork tenderloin in the middle. (make your own sauce, Son of Grok has a good recipe)

I highly recommend it!

Comment

Here&#39;s Son of Grok&#39;s recipe:

http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/02/explosion-of-bacon/

Comment

Ain&#39;t nobody who don&#39;t love bacon. Even vegetarians, Jews, and Muslims if they&#39;ve ever broken their rules.

I saw recently some hints to win cooking contests. One was to use bacon.

Comment

I never knew what I was missing all these years until I tasted my first slice of bacon after turning Primal! But I&#39;ve had no luck finding the perfect bacon - pastured and nitrate-free. It&#39;s either pastured w/ nitrates or nitrate-free sugar-cured grain-fed bacon. I would have caved and bought the preservative-added bacon at the Farmer&#39;s market yesterday if they hadn&#39;t run out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X